ID:158077

I have an idea of creating a mini-map... So I added another Map element in my dmf file.. and checked its not default.
Now I have two maps(two dmm files)one of size 200x200x15 and the other of size 7x7x10. I added a picture of the minimap in the small dmm.So how do I set the MiniMap Elements's eye to the the minimap.

Any idea ?
You cannot do that. Secondary Map controls can only have screen objects added to them.

http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/atom/var/screen_loc

Though, that IS still sufficient for a mini-map.
In response to Garthor
So do I use the screen_loc="MiniMap:1,1".. ok Thank You
In response to Getenks
I have created objects with icon as an image of 224x224. I added them in the client screen. I have set the obj's screen loc to "MiniMap:1,1". The problem is that it doesnt fit to the
map. the map size is 7x7 = 224x224 pixels. The objs are in the size 32x32 but its supposed to be 224x224!
How do I solve this ? The image is either blurry(when checked stretch image to fit map) or 32x32(when not checked) sized.
In response to Getenks
I have a bmp file 224x224 pix. And a map of 7x7 tiles!
I ve put it in client screen. And the map is extra! I tried a lot. The two results I are
1. The image is blurry
2. The image is 32x32 - the whole 224x224 is resized to 32x32

I think the client screen cannot cut the 224x224 to 7 32x32 icons.. Any work arounds ?
In response to Getenks
The Client Screen is a list of Objects that comes up in the Client Screen.The location would be defined by the screen_loc var.

made an object

All images are of size 224x224 pixels!

This is used for MiniMap.. The MiniMap size is 7x7 tiles = 224x224 pixels.

As I expect - I expect the client screen to cut the image in equal 32x32 pixel icons and distribute them on the screen. But the client screen resizes the 224x224 pixel image to 32x32.This Results :"The Image is very very Small"

So in the dmf editor when I put icon_size of MiniMap 32x32 => the image is small very small and the image is centered instead of its screen_loc"MiniMap: 1,1"

When I check strch icon to fit map => The image is blurry!and the postion is correct! I mean it fits..

So I conclude that the client screen objs' icon size are 32x32 sized! and not the size of the file I use (224x224).Giving out an unexpected result!

Any Work Around over this problem ?
Note- I am using 224x224 icon and 32x32 icon at the same time but the 32x32 icon is the map marker..

In response to Getenks
Is this a BYOND Bug?
In response to Getenks
Yes, the failure of the HUD to stretch to fit big icons is definitely a bug. I have posted (and resolved) a bug report for you since this will be fixed in 457.

You made the right choice to come to the developer forums first to rule out any programming errors.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
xD.. I Will be waiting for 457... :)
In response to Getenks
You do have a workaround available that will solve the problem. If your icon is located at map2:0,0 for instance and it's a 7x7-tile icon, place another screen object with a blank icon at map2:6,6. That will force the HUD to stretch out to the right size. But you probably won't need that workaround for very long before 457 comes out.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
You do have a workaround available that will solve the problem. If your icon is located at map2:0,0 for instance and it's a 7x7-tile icon, place another screen object with a blank icon at map2:6,6. That will force the HUD to stretch out to the right size. But you probably won't need that workaround for very long before 457 comes out.

Lummox JR

What do you mean by a blank icon ?
icon=null

or

The icon is there but has blank state
?
In response to Getenks
Wouldn't it take you less time to actually try both than to ask which one to try?
In response to Garthor
I did, unfortunateley both didnt work!

this is how i define the icons
object_1
icon=image('abc.bmp') // i use an image file
screen_loc="Map2:0,0"
blank_obj // as per Lummox Jr's instruction
icon=null
screen_loc="Map2:6,6" // since i use a 7x7 tiled

then i tried
object_1
icon='abc.bmp' // i use an image file
screen_loc="Map2:0,0"
blank_obj // as per Lummox Jr's instruction
icon=null
screen_loc="Map2:6,6" // since i use a 7x7 tiled

In response to Lummox JR
I made out a small sample demo of what I do..
Here

Oh yes.. the result is still 32x32 sized :(.. Is it because I am using an image file other than dmi ?

Or is this workaround not working ? Cause for my next Game Update I really need this..
In response to Getenks
457's out ([link]) so you shouldn't need the workaround anyways.
In response to Nickr5
Nickr5 wrote:
457's out ([link]) so you shouldn't need the workaround anyways.
It didnt show in my BYOND Pager that i had updates
In response to Getenks
Because it is not a stable release, but still part of the beta testing, similar to how you had to manually download and install 455/456.
In response to Schnitzelnagler
I have issued this Bug.I dont really know if it is a Bug but it is most likely to be a BUG because it was not there in 458.

Bug:The Problem exists while map_format=TILED_ICON_MAP