ID:158178

Using Dantom.DB I got the basics of it down. I can modify my own database without a problem. Using phpMyAdmin I can confirm that it is set to a wild-card, allowing anyone to connect to the user-name with any I.P. Address. However when I send my DMB file containing the exact same script that worked for me, It does not work for a friend of mine on a different computer. Yes the MySQL database is located on my computer. I can confirm that the user-name has all set privileges to the used database. Host is set to wild-card %. Yet, it still only works on my end.

Is there a unique modification that has to be done to enable it for other computers? If so, can anyone guide me through it? Also, in the Dantom.DB Files I have made sure to change all instances of localhost, and 127.0.0.1 to my IP.
Did you also set a port and make sure it is unblocked, and listening on that port?
Aside from what the other reply said, there is an option in MySQL's my.cnf file that pertains to remote connections. I can't remember the exact name though. Searching the file for 'remote' should help.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Aside from what the other reply said, there is an option in MySQL's my.cnf file that pertains to remote connections. I can't remember the exact name though. Searching the file for 'remote' should help.

You could also run the instance configuration manager and check the box that says "enable remote connections". (or something along those lines)
In response to Stereo
@Pirion
http://www.canyouseeme.org/
Results:

Success: I can see your service on xx.xx.xx.xx on port (3306)
Your ISP is not blocking port 3306

@Nadrew
I tried finding something for remote connections in my.ini, however there was nothing to be found.

@Stereo
Almost Stereo, However when I saw the enable remote access, it turned out to be for root access, which I do not want to enable for remote connections.