ID:158566

I've been trolling the forums, and yes, I've used the fabled, search, button. But I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.

I can winset(src, "window1", "is-maximized=true"), sure enough, but the problem then still persists that my icon size will be extremely stretched.

Is there a way of (possibly using map.size?) working out the maps size (lol...) and then setting the src.client.view to compensate?

Kthxn
R_shn_t
On the map control, you can uncheck "stretch icons to fit map", and write in 32 for the icon size. This will create a black border if it exceeds view, but that's to be expected... just set world.view to a reasonable maximum.
In response to Garthor
resonable for me, is difficult to gauge.
I'm on a 36inch tv. So my resolution is a LITTLE bit bigger than other peoples... a LITTLE bit. :F
In response to Rushnut
The size of your TV is completely unrelated to the resolution. If it's 1080p, your resolution is 1960x1080. On my old-as-crap 17" CRT I run at 1600x1200.

Besides, you can just... resize the window. It's not like a maximized 800x600 window will be much different from a windowed 800x600 window.
In response to Garthor
*Looks at topic*
Yup, still fullscreen.

Kinda the point is no resize.
Rushnut wrote:
Is there a way of (possibly using map.size?) working out the maps size (lol...) and then setting the src.client.view to compensate?

You could do this, but it would give players on larger resolutions a major advantage over those on smaller ones (depending on the type of game)
It may also cause poor performance on some computers if they're trying to render some giant map.
Just use winget() to determine the size of the window after being maximized (which should be their screen size) and use that to setup their client.view
In response to Rushnut
You can see what fullscreen would look like at a lower resolution by trying it in a window at said lower resolution.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
resonable for me, is difficult to gauge.
I'm on a 36inch tv. So my resolution is a LITTLE bit bigger than other peoples... a LITTLE bit. :F

Garthor wrote:
The size of your TV is completely unrelated to the resolution.

Most of the time TVs have considerably lower optimal resolutions than monitors. Traditional large TVs that are not high def run at either 640x480 or 800x600.

In response to AJX
I'm kind of assuming he's using an HDTV on account of the fact that you would be absolutely insane to be using one for a monitor otherwise.
In response to Garthor
I should run my hdmi cable to my tv >.>
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
I'm kind of assuming he's using an HDTV on account of the fact that you would be absolutely insane to be using one for a monitor otherwise.

Aw. :(
So that'd be bad if I said I did that... right?
In response to AJX
Yes.

Apologize to your eyes.
In response to Falacy
I wouldn't agree with you. It's all about anchors. If they are set right, map will be the same no matter what resolution, and only stat panels and etc would increase
In response to Garthor
Garthor wrote:
Apologize to your eyes.

I leave my weekly disposable contacts in without taking them out for usually about 3-5 months.

I don't think my eyes care about the TV thing.
In response to Ripiz
but iconsize would stretch
In response to AJX
I don't sit close to my TV :F
In response to Garthor
Actually I've ALMOST got it,
var/u=winget(src,"map1","size")
var/list/test=list()
test+=Split("[u]","x")
for(var/i=1,i<=test.len,i++)
world<<"[test[i]]"

Will output 1900 and 1800 for me
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Actually I've ALMOST got it,
> var/list/test=list()
> test+=Split("[u]","x")
> for(var/i=1,i<=test.len,i++)
> world<<"[test[i]]"

Will output 1900 and 1800 for me
proc/Split(var/text2split,var/SplitBy="x")
var/CurPos=1
var/list/SplitList=list()
while(findtext(text2split,SplitBy,CurPos,0))
var/NextPos=findtext(text2split,SplitBy,CurPos,0)
SplitList+=copytext(text2split,CurPos,NextPos)
CurPos=NextPos+1
if(CurPos<=length(text2split)) SplitList+=copytext(text2split,CurPos,0)
return SplitList
mob/guest/verb
Set_Up_Fullscreen()
var/list/test=list()
test+=Split("[u]","x")
for(var/i=1,i<=test.len,i++)
src<<"<b><big><big>[test[i]]"
var/usry=input("What is the first number you see on the chat output?","") as num
var/usrx=input("What is the second number you see on the chat output?","") as num
var/reso= ""
usry/=32
usrx/=32
reso+="[usry]"
reso+="x"
reso+="[usrx]"
usr.client.view="[reso]"

win!

Thank you Falacy for your split() proc!

=D

the reason I had to use user inputs is because splitting leaves the type as text and leaves it as "1900" and i can't devide " by 32 :P
In response to Rushnut
Then... uh... has it crossed your mind to, y'know, convert that text string into a number? =P
In response to Kaioken
Note by moderator:
Please refrain from using offensive language.
This forum is supposed to be suitable for children.
Page: 1 2