ID:142491

Question: Is there any way to use "oview overlays" instead of using coordinates for every single square for a single icon? Here's an example of what I wanna use the "oview overlay" for...

var/obj/kriga/F = new /obj/kriga/
F.loc = locate(M.x-1,M.y-1,M.z)
var/obj/kriga/G = new /obj/kriga/
G.loc = locate(M.x-1,M.y+1,M.z)

And it goes on for a little bit to cover an oview of 3. Would I be able to use that oview to overlay that area instead of using individual coordinates to place each repeated square?
pixel_x and pixel_y?
In response to Falacy
....That has nothing to do with oview
In response to ShadowPrince2008
And overlays have nothing to do with oview() either... hence I , for one, really don't understand your question here at all.
In response to Kaioken
That's what I was asking, fool. I was asking if I could use oview to place overlays easier and faster than using coordinates like in my example code. If you can read, then you can understand what I was trying to ask.

And if you still can't read, I was asking if there was any relation between oview and overlays so that I could overlay an area using oview instead of coordinates.
In response to ShadowPrince2008
ShadowPrince2008 wrote:
That's what I was asking, fool.

I'm sorry my friend, but it is not my foolishness that would cause your own inability to express yourself properly. While on the subject, it also isn't very wise to insult those whose help you require, although it should is enough to mention it is against the rules.

I was asking if I could use oview to place overlays easier and faster than using coordinates like in my example code. If you can read, then you can understand what I was trying to ask.

You are only asking that now, and it still doesn't make sense. Before, in [link], you used a made-up term the reader would've need to guess its meaning called "oview overlays" and asked if you could use it instead of coordinates for something to do with icons. Then you have a code "example" (which is missing the <DM> tag, by the way) that creates 2 /objs and places them on the map, which doesn't quite have anything to do with either oview() or overlays...

And if you still can't read, I was asking if there was any relation between oview and overlays so that I could overlay an area using oview instead of coordinates.

If you comprehend that oview() is a proc that returns atoms visible to another one in a certain range, and overlays is a list that contains icons that are displayed on top of an atom's icon, I don't see why you'd assume there was any direct relation; not to mention coordinates are not being used anywhere with overlays and aren't related to them either, you are still being very vague as to what you want to accomplish, and not much is known other than that it has to do with placing overlays and that you falsely think using oview() is going to accomplish that somehow.
In response to Kaioken
Okay sorry, objects, not overlays. And I wasn't being vague. I supplied a sample code. And oview shouldn't be a term that no one knows. "view" is what you can see on the map; the user's line of sight, or the user's radius of sight. "oview" in this case would mean their radius of sight.

And again, in case you still don't understand, maybe this will help...

I want to use oview to place objects over a certain mob's radius. In other words, like putting a King Size Bed blanket over a baby, with the baby being the mob, and the size of the blanket being the oview. I want to cover an area, using the oview rather than specific coordinates like usr.x, usr.y, usr.z .