ID:133595

We have the option to toggle ads for ourselves once we become a member, how about the option to toggle ads on the hub pages for games we create <.< maybe even add an additional fee to get this option per game
In response to Jtgibson
SO I SEE...
how bout removing that big ad from the 1st server's hub info section then, it screws up the format of the world.status =P
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
SO I SEE...
how bout removing that big ad from the 1st server's hub info section then, it screws up the format of the world.status =P

[link]
In response to Lummox JR
somebody already posted a link to that
http://www.angelfire.com/hero/straygames/HubAds.png
and that just makes the hub look ugly and unprofessional. it was better when there was just another server slot at the top of the list, except it had an ad in it
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
somebody already posted a link to that

That was the point. That means the question was answered in the post. To put it simply, it's not happening.
In response to Popisfizzy
I've changed the topic from disabling them ALL to removing/relocating 1 single ad. try to keep up fizzle!
In response to Falacy
Removing and disabling are the same thing when dealing with this.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
[link]

Yeah, but how about giving that advertisement it's own box rather than obscuring said hub info box?

-- Data
In response to Android Data
Android Data wrote:
Lummox JR wrote:
[link]

Yeah, but how about giving that advertisement it's own box rather than obscuring said hub info box?

I think it actually looks nice there, it's better than those annoying ads that take up the whole screen (and are transparent) where you have to wait for them to finish to close them!
In response to Flame Sage
I wasn't talking about a popup; I was talking about placing the ad in it's own "Advertisement" box just like the side-ad is/used to be, so that the world.status and currently logged in players of the first listed server aren't obscured by an advertisement banner.

-- Data
You could always just host your own website and display your hub information there without any ads.
In response to SuperAntx
yea and then nobody with byond will be able to find my games <.<
Unfortunately it appears that the more annoying the ad, the better revenue it brings in. Which is why I can't stand ads. But unfortunately, BYOND isn't bringing in a heck of a lot of profit so we have to roll with them at least for a while.
In response to Falacy
That's the free service you get by using the hub. There's nothing holding you back from starting your own website to advertise your game.
In response to SuperAntx
lol I have my own website for that, it gets like 20 hits a day
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
lol I have my own website for that, it gets like 20 hits a day
Exactly! So be quiet and deal with the ads. BYOND is a free site, you don't pay any money to use their hub. They are just trying to keep the site from fading away.
In response to Flame Sage
PISH how much money do they make a month off of the retarded ad inside my server info box, ill pay them monthly to keep it off
In response to Falacy
They potentially make more with the ad than you could reasonably pay them per month. You're just going to have to deal with it.
In response to Devourer Of Souls
lol considering tom just said
"But unfortunately, BYOND isn't bringing in a heck of a lot of profit."
id probly be willing to pay more to get it removed then they make off it
Page: 1 2