ID:182829

I dunno about you guys but I'm not a fan of the new site's look. I'm sure I'll get used to it after awhile but it seems so much harder to find my way around! Once again I'll probably get used to it but my main problem is that there isn't an unpublished games section. Some of my favorite games are in that section (including my own.) You guys think they'll add an unpublished section? Or is there a good reason they took it out? Also what do YOU guys think of the new look?
The unpublished section has been being worked out for a while. It was problematic to say the least. Now there is a lot more quality control. If you feel your game should be drawing players, I recommend you submit it to a guild.

As for the layout, there are many opinions going around.
I like it, I dont feel depressed when coming to the developer forum anymore <____<. It looks more alive to say the least heh...
In response to Danial.Beta
Interesting...How exactly do you submit it to a guild? Is it a byond members only option?

Edit:

I also must say something about the forum. (Just in case anybody important reads this.) This is probably a problem that only happens to me, but its the color difference between posts that you have read and posts that you haven't. Perhaps its not the same for all of you but I find that there isn't enough color contrast between the visited posts and the non-visited ones. I am slightly color blind though and this normall doesnt affect me but perhaps that it is in this situation but I think its alot better when there's a huge contrast so that you know right away like "Oh thats a red one! I must not have seen that post yet" or "Oh thats a blue one! I must have seen that already!" See what I mean? Because blue and red are very good contrasts, Not that you have to use blue or red. Its just an example
In response to Fugsnarf
i hat ethe new site it realy sucks. the old 1 was better
In response to Fugsnarf
Interesting problem with the color blindness. The contrast between them is actually very high. One is bright green, and the other is bright yellow(I suppose they are pretty close on the spectrum, however). I understand that even partial color blindness can cause all types of problems with websites.

Have no fear, however, Lummox said he is working on some better colors for the forums. Including better colors for the read and unread posts.

As for submitting games to guilds, I'm not totally sure. I've never actually done it. http://www.byond.com/help/ has a lot of information, but I'm not sure we have anything on that specifically. When I get home tonight I'll work on exploring the new site and writing up some more detailed help on those sorts of things.
In response to Masiras
First off..
Im confused
First its telling me I am a member which I dont ever remember doing
and then its telling me to do certain things to this site I apperently have I have to be a member
did they just give all non-members blogs or what?
and second of all
What happened to the games forum
thats the place I preferred using
sure it had some stupid noob spam (like PLAY MY GAM) but it was cool
Now I have to goto the developer forum
but Im not even a developer
bring back the games forum please or atleast direct me to some place I can slack off at
dude u have no idea what its like to be colorblind.
In response to Atomic1fire
Atomic1fire wrote:

Non-members now have limited blog features. I believe that excludes file space and some of the other perks, and includes ads.
In response to Darker Emerald
Darker Emerald wrote:
I like it, I dont feel depressed when coming to the developer forum anymore <____<. It looks more alive to say the least heh...

Its interesting that it has the opposite effect on me.
I think it is a [censored] eyesore. It isn't even the way the ads are placed or anything, it is just the way they went about it. I dislike it a lot. A lot a lot. Whoever is designing the new layouts need to get a pair of glasses.
In response to Baladin
In the future please watch your language on the forums. Thanks.
I agree this new site is hard to use and me and my friend can't even get our new hubs linked to our games
I don't like the new look.I even cant find my own game on hub anymore,I just created a new one and still not working.

the Editing part about my hub makes me confused,dunno how to make a subscriber inpossible to find..i hope it wil be fixed so i can get my game back on the hub.Cuz this aint working for me.

Greetz
McMekko
In response to Atomic1fire
Atomic1fire wrote:
First off..
Im confused
First its telling me I am a member which I dont ever remember doing

Can you show us where on the site it says that? Like a direct link or screenshot?

What happened to the games forum
sure it had some stupid noob spam (like PLAY MY GAM) but it was cool

Replaced by a forum for each game, as far as I can see. This makes it easier for us moderators because if you have a problem with a specific game (which was a large chunk of the posts in the games forum), you can ask directly, instead of asking the general population about something only a small percentage might be able to solve - if you were lucky. This way you get direct support and can develop game-specific communities.

bring back the games forum please or atleast direct me to some place I can slack off at

Personally (as a moderator) I'd rather you not 'slack off' since that usually amounts to useless postings ('lol', 'yeah', 'hlp! i cant play DBZ Revenge of the Jello Babysitters') or childish commentary and flamewars that we have to spend time pruning.

You can find what you need by either joining your favorite game's forum, or joining a guild that supports that game.
In response to MyZen2
maybe your doing something wrong in the coding? Because my game hooked up just fine with the new site.
In response to Audeuro
Audeuro wrote:
Atomic1fire wrote:

Non-members now have limited blog features. I believe that excludes file space and some of the other perks, and includes ads.

Personally, I feel that non-Members shouldn't have the ability to have and use a blog of their own. I think that a major part of being a Member is to have your own blog, besides that, to support BYOND.

digitalmouse, when you go to the Dream Makers Guild, it says "Thanks for being a Member - you rock!" I was a Member before, so that could probably be why that message remains there.
In response to Madow
Yeah... it seems they keep giving nonmembers member only features.
A limited pager, limited blog, etc... Which is nice, sorta.