ID:133841

There're a few topics about this, but none of them had any real reason considering they were talking about verbs. That's real great and all, but some of us use things like clicking. Frankly, in a game that uses clicking as a form of 'homing' attack, click macros are cheating. It takes away the necessity for "skill" and just adds someone holding a button. The attack in my game doesn't follow the enemy, it goes to where they're standing. So, imagine for a moment if you will, that you're fighting someone who's doing this. You can't escape at all. Some may suggest the same fix as the verbs, "Add a bigger delay", but seriously are you crazy? Imagine if you're NOT a cheater, and you click the enemy, if they move 1 tile out of the way, you're a sitting duck. There are ways around this, such as making mob clicking entirely futile and making only turf clicking the way to move the object, but then what happens if its a big mob? If it takes nearly the entire 2-3 tiles around it, you'll obviously click it and it will do nothing. What'd be the way to fix this? Add the ability to [b]disable macros in our game.[/b]
You can currently kill off the .click and .dblclick macros easily by creating a verb that takes the same params and has the same name and doing nothing with it.

mob/verb/disable_click(atom/a)
set name = ".click"
set hidden = 1

mob/verb/disable_dbl_click(atom/a)
set name = ".dblclick"
set hidden = 1
In response to Audeuro
ooo it posted. It gave me some error when I hit post so I didn't know. Anyway, those kill the macro only but you can still click normall?
In response to VcentG
VcentG wrote:
ooo it posted. It gave me some error when I hit post so I didn't know. Anyway, those kill the macro only but you can still click normall?

Indeed, normal clicking still works as it should, since it doesn't call the .click macro itself.
In response to Audeuro
Nevermind, I'm stupid lol. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Now I get it though :P. Thanks.
In response to VcentG
It's not. Skysaw used this to disable .click macros in My Life as a Spy, which hasn't been worked on since probably before 341.