ID:163637

What I really want to do, is have a single button linked to more buttons within the same area of the original button pushed, one of the commands is pretty easy (adds a picture/button to another tab), but I want the other button to make a popup window with a picture/ info about the item.

PS. I rather not need to use a grid, if there's away around it, so if there is, please help(such as, can you add code to the DM file, that can effect/connect to the interface file), but if not, how could I do such by using the Grid?
Keep in mind that you can winshow() interface elements anytime you want, so you can push a button, have the button and the map disappear, and have a new button and a grid appear over the map - or whatever you want!
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Keep in mind that you can winshow() interface elements anytime you want, so you can push a button, have the button and the map disappear, and have a new button and a grid appear over the map - or whatever you want!

Oh ok, thank you.

PS. That's the main problem with 4.0. little to no documentations.

The weird thing is, according to someone who was in private Beta testing, says they had alot of documentation, and he is confused as well as to why there is a lack of such.
In response to Zoltor
Zoltor wrote:
Foomer wrote:

Oh ok, thank you.

The weird thing is, according to someone who was in private Beta testing, says they had alot of documentation, and he is confused as well as to why there is a lack of such.

I don't think there is a lot of documentation. There 4.0 Controls and Params Guide was what I worked off of most of the time:
http://lummoxjr.byondhome.com/4.0params.html

But for the most part it was just reading what Tom and Lummox wrote about how to use new features. I'm not sure they ever posted any of that information anywhere, either. It still took a while to figure things out.

Its not that its all that hard to use (except grids, which are a real pain IMO), its just that they're used in a different way than the usual stuff so it takes a while to get used to.

(Also note that, as pointed out in the other thread, you can look up winset, winshow, winget and output in the DM Reference, since those are primarily what you'll use to work with the interface during the game.)
In response to Foomer
And in case you ever forget the link to the skin/interface reference, there's always Help > Skin Reference in the DM.

And the basic trick about grids is that first you need to set what the current cell is in the grid than output what you want in that cell.. a paint in the ass it can be though, like what Foomer said.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
Foomer wrote:

Oh ok, thank you.

I don't think there is a lot of documentation. There 4.0 Controls and Params Guide was what I worked off of most of the time:
http://lummoxjr.byondhome.com/4.0params.html

But for the most part it was just reading what Tom and Lummox wrote about how to use new features. I'm not sure they ever posted any of that information anywhere, either. It still took a while to figure things out.

Its not that its all that hard to use (except grids, which are a real pain IMO), its just that they're used in a different way than the usual stuff so it takes a while to get used to.

(Also note that, as pointed out in the other thread, you can look up winset, winshow, winget and output in the DM Reference, since those are primarily what you'll use to work with the interface during the game.)

Yes, I saw that before it was even posted in the other threadk, but knowing what something can do, matters not, if they don't give you info on how the diff proc are to be used. I've got a good idea on how to code the winset() now, but I had to get outside help, so I can know how it would be used/coded.

As you stated, the interface code is a bit diff then the DM code. 4.0 is godly, but It's like Byond said here is a bag of parts(that all look simular), and you have to learn what parts work together, without info on what each part can be used for.

Now the funny thing is, the coding needing for the interface seems alot easier then the alot of DM, however without the apropiate documentation, It's super hard to figure out( () and code wise anyway, the rest of the interface is easy to pickup).

Edit: PS. Ah, aparently the updated the ref with actual useful info lol. That's heps alot :)