ID:183691

There is something awesome about that string. Paste it into DreamMaker and try to highlight it with your mouse for a cool effect.
CaptFalcon33035 wrote:
There is something awesome about that string. Paste it into DreamMaker and try to highlight it with your mouse for a cool effect.

Nice effect. I wonder what does it?
What exactly am I supposed to see here? It highlights normally on my end.
In response to Jtgibson
Oh, I get it. Instead of highlighting it, try putting your cursor in the middle of it and move it back and forth.

In response to Sarm
Sarm wrote:
Oh, I get it. Instead of highlighting it, try putting your cursor in the middle of it and move it back and forth.

I highlighted and it jumped around when I moved the highlighting over to a different part. Not to mention the whole thing did not even get pasted correctly.
In response to Shlaklava
No, it got pasted correctly. It just appears a LOT smaller in Dream Maker.
Wow, that's a strange little effect...

Even here in my browser, the last line of the arrows in your post appears cramped together, and spreads out to match the rest when I highlight them (and seemingly randomly switches back to cramped together, or spaced apart when I click elsewhere)...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
What arrows? I just see those [] box type things.
In response to Elation
I'm just getting filled-in boxes as well.

My font in DM is Courier 10 and I'm on Windows XP, if it matters.
In response to Crispy
That's actually pretty strange...

I thought the boxes usually meant an incomplete font (they're a sort of fill-in for missing characters), but I have Courier 10 as my DM setting, and they display as arrows just fine for me (XP as well)

Perhaps your Courier font file is either older than mine, or somehow corrupted?

My default Windows font is set to Verdana, so that's the font I see the BYOND website in, and they show up as arrows in that as well...

Look at Sarm's post below for the way it should look...lol
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
I thought the boxes usually meant an incomplete font (they're a sort of fill-in for missing characters), but I have Courier 10 as my DM setting, and they display as arrows just fine for me (XP as well)

Perhaps your Courier font file is either older than mine, or somehow corrupted?

My default Windows font is set to Verdana, so that's the font I see the BYOND website in, and they show up as arrows in that as well...

Personally I thought that those boxes meant it was a language your computer wasn't programmed to read, Japanese for example.
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
Evil-Inuyasha wrote:
Personally I thought that those boxes meant it was a language your computer wasn't programmed to read, Japanese for example.

IIRC that is the filler character for any font that your computer cannot find.
In response to Evil-Inuyasha
That falls under the same thing, actually... It's not that the language is one your computer can't read, it's that those other languages use fonts that you don't have on your computer... So any of those characters come up as the boxes...
I'm using Tahoma.
In response to Shlaklava
The "jump around" part is actually a symptom of the horizontal scrollbar moving automatically when you move the highlight. I never encountered the whitespace moving otherwise.

I'll have to try the cursor itself, however. [edit]Nope, no dice. The whitespace doesn't move.[/edit]
In response to Jtgibson
I have a feeling BYOND Version is a factor in this little experiment.