ID:183869

But I beat it!
You know, I have to play that game.

But only 14 hours? I'm wondering if I really should bother with the rental.
In response to Jtgibson
I maintain that if a game lasts less than 100 hours, you weren't playing it properly. :p
In response to Hedgemistress
That puts every handheld Pokemon game onto the list. Unless your a retard. ( : /
I don't enjoy games that take too long to beat. Unless it has a really involving story that can someone get me really involved with that game.

Final Fantasy 7 was the last game to do that and it took me like 5 or 6 tries over a period of like 5 years to beat the game.

If a game lasts more then 40 hours, it risks the chance of me losing interest and finding something else to play.

Right now I am playing Oblivion and while I could see it as being a long game, I am having fun with the freedom it gives me.

Not as much as Fallout, but enough.
In response to RedlineM203
If a game involves Pokemon but not the option of beating on Pokemon with a baseball bat, there is no right way to play it.

If it involves Pokemon and a baseball bat, the right way to play it is to wail on the Pokemon.
Hedgemistress wrote:
I maintain that if a game lasts less than 100 hours, you weren't playing it properly. :p

That excludes arcade games and most RTS games. They should end quickly and be replayed in a different way.

As for RPGs though, a game that lasts less then 50 hours is not really worth my time. I have been playing Morrowind and have yet to do a tenth of it after 68 hours.
In response to Shlaklava
That's not necessarily true, because you can't "Beat Warcraft 3". The game doesn't end when you win a single match any more than Final Fantasy 7 ends when you win a single battle or complete a single branch of the plotline. Thus, the game can easily be said to contain more than 100 hours of gameplay -- and if you aren't spending that much time playing it, it could be argued that you are playing it "wrong", though I wouldn't necessarily say that to most casual gamers. :-)
DDSR was a master of the White Demon and Paralyzing Palm sytles
I'll kiss George Bush the day that Pokemon directly and openly promotes violence.
In response to RedlineM203
Actually, I've racked up more then 100 hours of playtime on Leaf Green. And last time I checked, I don't have a disability.
Hedgemistress wrote:
If a game involves Pokemon but not the option of beating on Pokemon with a baseball bat, there is no right way to play it.

If it involves Pokemon and a baseball bat, the right way to play it is to wail on the Pokemon.

You'd be a very abusive pokemon owner. :D
In response to Mechanios
If I owned Pokemon, I'd abuse myself.