ID:134184

Can you please return the people to how it was? It is incredibly helpful to be able to view someones join date and publications from right there without having to load and sift through there blog. Can't there be a section in the people are a that includes someones blog? Something as simple as, Blog: Strawgate's Blog would be great.
I usually redirect to the people page, which redirects to the member page which is fine. I wouldn't want to lose that ability. On the other hand, neither do I want to lose the opportunity to be able to stalk people more efficiently.

I propose an override which could be put in effect. Something like http://games.byond.com/people/androiddata?override=1 which would force the people page to show.
In response to Android Data
All the info on the People page is supposedly on the blog page too. I do agree though that it's not very convenient having it redirect.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
All the info on the People page is supposedly on the blog page too.

With the new layout features, BYOND Members can choose to screen out this particular information. Or even change certain information. So I could appear to have joined BYOND in 1993 even though it didn't exist yet. Or perhaps I joined in 2050 and I reserved this key. =P
In response to Android Data
Aye, I used to use a CSS trick (that wasn't IE-compatible) to change the "Joined" date to "Tomorrow." With the new custom box features, I suppose it probably wouldn't be too hard at all to falsify all of the information there.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Filter the content attribute out of certain boxes, but let people retain the right to remain private. Stalking and snobbery (comparing join dates) are not things that need special tools.
In response to ACWraith
snobbery (comparing join dates) are not things that need special tools.

Nonsense! Keep the join date visible at all times, add number of wikipedia edits, Hot or Not rating, Alexa traffic ranking for their personal web page, and number of MySpace Friends. Then Lummox can add a client.IsWorthWhile() proc, which checks these values to determine whether or not a person's even worth talking to.
In response to Hedgemistress
Hedgemistress wrote:
snobbery (comparing join dates) are not things that need special tools.

Nonsense! Keep the join date visible at all times, add number of wikipedia edits, Hot or Not rating, Alexa traffic ranking for their personal web page, and number of MySpace Friends. Then Lummox can add a client.IsWorthWhile() proc, which checks these values to determine whether or not a person's even worth talking to.

Like many intuitive processes, such things are often difficult to translate into an algorithm. :)

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I think that proc should just return 0. ;-)
In response to Lummox JR
Count the total numbers in there name, add in DBZ and Naruto references, then set it equal to all the characters in their name multiply by -1.

You could get bonus points for figuring out if the name wants to be Japanese or not.