ID:184599

I love how I can make a post about how I am doing and whats going on with my move, but someone can post something like this and get away with it.
Rant on your blog not the forums!

(Of course, this is a joke.)
Well, I guess since this post seems to be BYOND related, specifically addressing activity of the community, whereas a post about you moving doesn't really fit that. I would suggest in the future you ask the mods directly rather than take potshots in posts, though, as you are more likely to get a (desirable) response that way.
She forged a key in 2001. She is a serious oldbie.

I think it concerns most other oldbies when she turns up.
In response to Jmurph
I sent them a complaint and I didn't get a response.

Its like Doh can talk about his moms stinky bandaids and some kid can talk about smoking pot but I can't post a little something about what I've been doing.

But your right, I will most likely get warned or in trouble for even saying something.

Besides what does key age have to do with any thing? My key is only a year yonger then hers is.
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
Besides what does key age have to do with any thing? My key is only a year yonger then hers is.

The only thing her age has to do with it is that she's been out of the loop for a while. Back before she left this forum was Off-Topic and these sorts of threads weren't considered clutter.

Even by todays standards I wouldn't consider this clutter. She's just announcing her return to the community after a major period of inactiveness.
It's not like she was gone a week and a half and is still in contact with everyone.
Shades wrote:
I love how I can make a post about how I am doing and whats going on with my move, but someone can post something like this and get away with it.

For what it's worth, that very post was discussed by moderators after the action had been taken, and some moderators did not agree with the action. It's a judgment call, and sometimes we don't even agree amongst ourselves. The moderators work very hard to be consistent in their actions, but it's impossible to do so completely as different people have different interpretations of the same guidelines.

My own personal advice would be don't worry about it too much -- it's just a forum on the internet, nothing truly important in the grand scheme of things. But that's just me.
In response to Mike H
That makes me feel kind of better Mike, sorry for even saying something about it.

Whoever you are, I don't know you, welcome back to BYOND, it has totally changed in the last few months.
Well, I bet they would have thought about it it if she had a membership like you do. It wasn't quite the same as your post, but it's something that gets asked about every 2 months when people can just go through the site and see for themselves.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Even by todays standards I wouldn't consider this clutter. She's just announcing her return to the community after a major period of inactiveness.

That's exactally what I was trying to do...Just say hi after being gone for so long...Thank you. ;)

Ashi
Fact: You'll only ever see some admins/mods once every few months.

Thats a lot of time waiting for spam to go down... xP
In response to RedlineM203
?

The BYOND forum admins are pretty active. I read almost every post in most of the forums on most days, and for every post I miss there are several other people to take up the slack.
In response to Crispy
I haven't seen them in... I've seen what they've done for the last few weeks but I haven't seen any admin in months.

Hence, I said you only see some admins once every few months.
I'm a forum moderator, and you did say "mods/admins". =)
In response to Crispy
Yay. Show me. xP
In response to Kunark
Well, since you posted that she seems to have purchased a membership.