In response to Shades
Hey, chill out man.

Also, did you know that most of the games on BYOND are based off of what some fan made of a previous game out somewhere? Unless you exclude animes (I think they make up a majority of the fangames), they do make up a majority of the games on BYOND.

Y'know, unless you don't play games on BYOND, you have most likely played some "unofficial" recreation of a game.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
I personally do not think that Shades bases his opinions about real games on experiences from playing games on BYOND.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
Games on BYOND aren't real games? I think they are.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
I haven't played on a BYOND game in ages, except for the Drawing one, and I got booted off right away when I drew a human phallaus.
Well, Half-Life is the kind of series that gives more questions than answers in their sequels. :P

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
I got booted off right away when I drew a human phallaus.

Are you really surprised? =P You gotta admit, that's really asking for it.
Yeah I thought that too. It wasn't so much that it was a cliffhanger and that nothing got answered, it was just a really weak ending. If the G-Man had of been setup better it might have at least been interesting.

Although I was pretty bored by the end anyway. Xen (or what ever the alien world was called) didn't interest me much. I found all the jumping stuff just made the gameplay feel really slow.

All in all after I was done I felt like they'd put that ending and the G-Man in at the last minute to replace a real ending that was scrapped for some reason. I really doubt that's the case but if someone said it was they wouldn't have to work too hard to convince me.
In response to DarkView
If you're talking about Half-Life 1, the G-Man is in the game before the end, several times; always in an inaccessible area behind a window or something. Kinda creepy to see this guy in a suit calmly walking and observing in the midst of the chaos around you.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
the G-Man is in the game before the end, several times; always in an inaccessible area behind a window or something.

That's actually what I was talking about. He doesn't seem to interact with anything so it's like he was just thrown in at random intervals.
I do understand what they were going for with him, I just think it hit a snag somewhere and instead of being a mystery it was just an odd thing you see then push to the back of your mind and keep on playing.
In response to DarkView
True, they probably could have done it better.
In response to Shades
It doesn't require you to care about something a fan makes, it is just going out and trying a game and seeing if you like it. It isn't anything like a ten year old making a new evild dead movie in his basement, it is more like a group of developers, mid-teens and older, working on a project that could be incredibly fun. Games like Counter-Strike started from an UNOFFICIAL group of developer and were just so good that Valve picked them up, so why fight the idea that other unofficial games might be awesome?
In response to Kusanagi
Why did you even reply? This thread is like a week old.

Let me explain to to you so you understand me..

I don't give a <font color = green>[Flying Bunnies]</font> about fan mods.
In response to Shades
with worldcraft you can make your own levels, fill them with the G man then shoot the crap out of him!!!
In response to DarkView
Your coolness is automaticly 0 for playing HL2 xbox and hl ps2 and not hl pc and hl2 pc 8-D
In response to Mega Zero x
Reply to the wrong post much?
Since when have any games had good endings? Most of them are bad. Some are good, but most are bad. Really. I mean it. Bad.
In response to Tatiana Belmont
I'm partial to the ending of Super Mario Bros 3. I think they tied up all of the loose ends very well and ended it on a great pseudo-cliffhanger for the sequel.
In response to Sarm
It's matter of opinion actually. There is no good or bad ending. It depends on who the player is. THEY think it's good or bad. -Chuckle.-
In response to Mega Zero x
Mega Zero x wrote:
Your coolness is automaticly 0 for playing HL2 xbox and hl ps2 and not hl pc and hl2 pc 8-D

Considering I've only played the PC version of both, my coolness is still zero because I play video games.
Shades wrote:
Anyways today I started on Half-Life 2 for the Xbox. I really like how the explain a lot more of the first games story in it. It is a lot more cinetamitc then the first game for sure.

I wouldn't get my hopes up. I beat it yesterday and it's nothing special. It's better than the first by far but it's still sort of stupid.
I think a big part of my problem with it is I'm just not attached to the characters at all. I really don't care what happens to any of them. I guess that's one of the drawbacks of playing first-person shooters back in the days when you were just a guy with weapons running around killing monsters/aliens/Hitler.

It was a very cool game though. I wish they had of done more with vehicles, although I guess it's a good thing when the developer can implement something without feeling the need to justify it by using it every ten minutes.
Page: 1 2 3