ID:134510

A BYOND Members-only forum would be a great addition to the member site.
Why? Would would the purpose of the forum be?

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Unknown Person
It could be to discuss BYOND Member benefits in games, etc.
In response to TheLunarWolf
Whats wrong with Community?
In response to Derekjeterisgod
No I meant a Members forum for discussing Membership Features, Membership Features suggestions. I'm probably not explaining this correctly so ask again if you can't understand.
What's wrong with using Byond Features and/or Community sections to talk about Member-related stuff?
In response to Loduwijk
Not a thing but a seperate forum for Member suggestions wouldn't hurt.
Best not to devide the forum anymore.
See how bad it is between DEVELOPER forums and GAMES forums?

The game forum people are super immature (and annoying) while the developer forum actually gets work done ;)
In response to Flame Sage
Just checked the games forum after you posted that Flame Sage and I have to say Idea Withdrawn. Poor Crispy.
Not to mention talking about how great membership is in front of the plebiansnon-members is a sure-fire way to make them want to get a membership. ;)
In response to Elation
I've been trying to get a membership ever since it came out. About 3 people said they'd get me one, and I entered about 4 games to win one. :<
Anyhow, it's quite discriminating, me thinks.
It's not because people don't have a membership, that they don't want to support BYOND. :/
Yeah. No extra task for poor Crispy! Think of the Crispy. =(

O-matic
In response to Mysame
Mysame wrote:
It's not because people don't have a membership, that they don't want to support BYOND. :/

Wanting to do something and actually doing it are very different things. :-)
In response to Crispy
Well; they should add a link to the top of the each page that is a FAQ, and you should tell them before posting in Bug Reports (or developer to?) to read the FAQ.
Flame Sage wrote:
The game forum people are super immature (and annoying) while the developer forum actually gets work done ;)

hmm... i'm not sure how silly threads about the end of the world and PETA (Community appears in both sections) can be considered getting work done. that should be the quietest section of the forum if any 'work' was geting done, yet it is one of the most used and abused.
In response to digitalmouse
That post could of been made through the Games forum...
In response to A.T.H.K
you point being? i already alluded to that when i said it appears in both forums. in addition, those who think they are 'working' are posting more often in Community than in the other sections. i still don't see where the 'work getting done' appears.
digitalmouse wrote:
i still don't see where the 'work getting done' appears.

That's because the work is like fairies or santa. They use cloaks of invisibility, and they also use boots of hobbit-walk which provide a +10 bonus on move silently checks. Work is with them, among the ranks of the mysterious fey which is all around but never seen.
Flame Sage wrote:
Well; they should add a link to the top of the each page that is a FAQ, and you should tell them before posting in Bug Reports (or developer to?) to read the FAQ.

Uhh, what has that to do with a "BYOND members forum"? =P

O-matic
digitalmouse wrote:
i still don't see where the 'work getting done' appears.

Flame Sage probably meant the feature requests, bug-reports, code-problems, and such things.The developer section is also where staff and such are being recruited for a new game. So I slightly agree with Flame Sage, but not fully.

O-matic
Page: 1 2