ID:185143

Where can i get a free firewall for my computer???
There are many some anti virus programs come with an inbuilt firewall like AVG or norton(i think) you might be better off just using the windows xp inbuilt firewall if you have xp..

To answer your question just goto google or download.com
In response to A.T.H.K
see i have nortan firewall, but the activation key, i cant see it lol....but its all good.
In response to Kasper4sale
Norton... -cringe-. It's caused more problems than it has solved from my personal experience.

Get Sygate, or Zone Alarm. The Windows built in firewall sucks. Causes more networking problems IN WINDOWS than it solves, Microsoft ingenuity for you.
google AVG Free Edition ^_^ My friend recommended it to me a while back, its pretty good.

Wonder what the pay-to-use one's like :o
In response to JMT
The free AVG doesn't have a firewall, only the pay one.
In response to Scoobert
Symantec Personal Firewall.
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
I disagree, I solely use the built in windows firewall and never had a problem. It is a simple one way firewall unlike zone alarm or norton firewall.

with norton or zonealrm the common user will click on yes for everything anyway, which makes the firewall useless.

In response to Xzar
Xzar wrote:
...the common user will click on yes for everything anyway...

that is not the fault of the software. users should take responsibility for what goes on in their computer, and learn how to use such software effectively.

you can only 'idiot proof' so much.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
Xzar wrote:
...the common user will click on yes for everything anyway...

that is not the fault of the software. users should take responsibility for what goes on in their computer, and learn how to use such software effectively.

you can only 'idiot proof' so much.

I agree whats the point of using it if your just going to press accept or yes and not knowing what it is

eg

Sub7 Trojan is trying to connect to 12122.23.23.2 BLAH

accept

Oh yay now your getting hacked your smart arn't you
In response to A.T.H.K
I've seen it happen one to many times :(. This remines me of the old saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks"