ID:185243

I noticed that all morning BYOND.com was down, but not completely. My browser showed a blank page and the BYOND icons (Orange for games.byond.com, Blue for developer, BYOND guy for members.) on the address bar as normal. I would guess this was a cache thing if I wasn't using a portable firefox that didn't save these types of things.

Would you guys mind explaining what happened, not a big deal, but I do wonder.
Scoobert wrote:
Would you guys mind explaining what happened, not a big deal, but I do wonder.

I lost an intire work day of inproductivity thanks to the site being down. I actually did stuff, like cart around empty toner cartidges and help instructors with AV problems. :P
In response to IainPeregrine
ya i was waiting all morning oh well since i am on spring break i guess its not that big a deal but................

<font size=7>BYOND WAKE UP AND KEEP YOUR SITE UP</font>
In response to IainPeregrine
Yeah, I fixed 2 computers and replaced 2 toner cartridges, thanks a lot BYOND, you threw off my lack of productivity streak.
In response to Scoobert
must have been an operator error on your end - i don't recall any trouble from this side of the Atlantic (though i did not visit the whole day)
In response to Scoobert
how else are we supposed to do nothin
In response to digitalmouse
I got the same thing too. It was weird as heck, because I was in the middle of making a journal entry when it happened. Blam. More whiteness than a KKK convention. It only started working for me roughly an hour ago (although my entry went through alright).
In response to digitalmouse
Well, I tried checking it before work today, 8:00am eastern, it was down. Tried a few times untill about 10:00am, when I gave up untill just a few minutes ago. Perhaps it was bad routing, but both my work and home where affected, and they are different ISPs. Also, I had no problems with other sites and pings for byond.com came up possitive. The site was here, I just was not recieving any content from the server.
In response to Scoobert
hey scoobert i sent u a question through email can u answer it
It was down for around an hour yesterday morning too, no 404 page, or 'Server Maintenance' page either time.
It just happens, could have been a number of things -- database crash, server issue, anything. Best not to get too worried about it, as long as it's back up now.
In response to Nadrew
i keep trying to play on byond and every 2 hours or so it is down
In response to Mxjerrett
Mxjerrett wrote:
ya i was waiting all morning oh well since i am on spring break i guess its not that big a deal but................

<font size=7>BYOND WAKE UP AND KEEP YOUR SITE UP</font>

Will you stop acting like that? Firstly, BYOND isn't something that can "wake up". It'isn't alive.

Secondly, don't blame the BYOND staff. You act as if it is their fault. You obviously don't know a thing about webservers and the billions of reasons they can crash.

O-matic
In response to Karrigo
Karrigo wrote:
It was down for around an hour yesterday morning too, no 404 page, or 'Server Maintenance' page either time.

Strange, I could of swore I saw a "minor server maintenance..." message yesterday with the Byond symbol.
In response to O-matic
Well the truth is that there was a storm that day...it kept turning the power off so the site had to be rebooted..it was near my house too so..
In response to Kodiman
Wait, you live next to BYOND! Awww man, you're lucky O_O
In response to DarkCampainger
Hahaha. =)

O-matic
In response to O-matic
Wait isn't byond in Socal? That means I live next to Byond Too!
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
Strange, I could of swore I saw a "minor server maintenance..." message yesterday with the Byond symbol.

Indeed i saw the same text and logo. but a few hours before that it was a blank page i guess they were making the page :)
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
DarkCampainger wrote:

Indeed i saw the same text and logo. but a few hours before that it was a blank page i guess they were making the page :)

I didn't see nothing :(