ID:185427

I found this on torrentspy, chuck in some values and it'll calculate your piracy amount, i converted mine to australian dollars and im not actually going to say as its quite high lol
http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/4400/ The_Piracy_Calculator

Post ye results here!
$1253.89 American.
Only $112 right now. Just reformatted. That did leave off software, though. I have pirated versions of photoshop, sony vegas, and all other sorts of things that would add a nice bit to my total.
$2987.03, American, with the calculator.

It's actually much closer to $10,000 with all the actual prices factored in.
In response to Airjoe
600 somethin...
$7256.32

I guess the hundreds of roms I have really add up >_>
In response to Data-Con
$7429.09

O_O Damn. Guess I have too much music, and movies, and roms, and seasons, and other...pirated shtuff...
$29236.31 USD

=(

Not adding in Photoshop CS2 and some other pirated stuff.
In response to Hell Ramen
Holy crap. We have us a real pirate! =D
It's painfully obvious that this Piracy Calculator is sending its results, and your IP, to the FBI.
In response to Elation
Haha,We're screwed.
$13747.70

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
You're only $38.50 under me. :o
Not that it would mean anything in a court of law, but my total is made up of older videogame roms.

Still, nothing ever beats playing the real thing instead of a copy through emulation. I once downloaded Golden Sun and finished it on rom, and ended up buying the game anyway. It was so much more fun with the actual cart. Using the keyboard makes it feel...artificial, or something.
In response to Sarm
I forgot about ROMs =0

Also I counted anime series as "TV seasons"

~Kujila
$0. I didn't actually use this calculator thing, but I have not stolen anything. I see some other people have said it factors in video game roms, so it might say I have a hundred dollars worth for that, but all the stuff I have is old, abandoned and morally free (not legally, but that's just silly).
In response to Loduwijk
Yeah, I have ~600 roms from the old systems. =/

That's where it got me, eh?
In response to Elation
I was about to use it as well until I thought of that as well. We're too smart Elation.
$0

I win.

Edit: from the website, "Many of you who actually used this thing will have come up with totals in four digits or higher. But do you actually HAVE that much money? Have you ever? And if you did have the money, would you have bought all that stuff legitimately? Even if it was a simple download? I doubt it.

The point I'm making is that only a small percentage of illegal downloads are in fact lost sales. Piracy isn't theft. It's piracy. There's a big difference.
"

That's quite a big assumption there to say that people who can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on these products would never buy any of them at all legally if they couldn't pirate them.

Just because you wouldn't spend thousands doesn't mean you wouldn't spend any less than that over a long period of time. Piracy is theft.
In response to Zaole
Zaole wrote:
The point I'm making is that only a small percentage of illegal downloads are in fact lost sales. Piracy isn't theft. It's piracy. There's a big difference."

That's quite a big assumption there to say that people who can't afford to spend thousands of dollars on these products would never buy any of them at all legally if they couldn't pirate them.

Just because you wouldn't spend thousands doesn't mean you wouldn't spend any less than that over a long period of time. <s>Piracy is theft.</s>

No, Piracy is Copyright Infringement. Big difference. Theft is depriving someone of the use of something they had. Copyright infringement doesn't do that.

Hypothetical loss of money is just that, hypothetical, and is often times greatly exaggerated.

Not to say that copyright infringement is okay, it's not, but it's not the same as theft.
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
Zaole wrote:
The point I'm making is that only a small percentage of illegal downloads are in fact lost sales. Piracy isn't theft. It's piracy. There's a big difference."

Just because you wouldn't spend thousands doesn't mean you wouldn't spend any less than that over a long period of time. <s>Piracy is theft.</s>

No, Piracy is Copyright Infringement. Big difference. Theft is depriving someone of the use of something they had. Copyright infringement doesn't do that.

Hypothetical loss of money is just that, hypothetical, and is often times greatly exaggerated.

Not to say that copyright infringement is okay, it's not, but it's not the same as theft.

i love when people try to rationalize stealing lmao.Come on lets be real you have something that the maker never aloud you to have period
Page: 1 2 3