ID:185454

I have a good online friend that I have known for the past 5 years or more. For knowning someone simply online, that seems like a long time to me.

Anyways, he just bought WoW online and wants me to start playing with him. $40.00 is a lot of money for another damn MMORPG and I just don't know if I'll waste the money.

Ive played EverQuest, it was confusing to travel and got boring fast.

Ive played FFXI, it got real old real fast, too long to level, and I hated having to get into groups with people I didn't know.

I want to be able to solo when I want, and go off, and play for a few hours and gain a good 5 or 6 levels, not have to play for 3 days to get 1 or 2 levels.

And now I see how they are selling bots, hacks and cheats on eBay and people are selling gold online. I hate that, it can totally ruin a online ecomany.
Um, play on a private server. Its free. Just find somewhere to download buy the game ;).

http://www.wowstatus.net/
In response to XzDoG
Ecomany.. right..
Well, I'm also an MMORPG whore. I doubt there's any out there I didn't play. They all got boring REALLY fast, but there's one where I always sticked with; Ragnarok Online.
You might try it out... Contact me for more info
AIM; Emasym
In response to XzDoG
I tried that a while back, but they all stunk :(

~Kujila
I got WoW for Xmas, and I logged into it for a tottal of 4 times. I did play it alot within those 4 log in times, but I just...didn't feel like playing it, beucase I got to busy with stuff.. Overall it is a nice game, but it does get confusing.
In response to Mysame
What's with replying to all the wrong posts, Mysame? I noticed you did it before, too...
WoW is hands down the best! The artists crunched down the polys to make entering large cities with tons of people smooth while keeping a great look. The models and textures all fit together, nothing looks out of place unless it should be.
The quests are very story driven, it's not just go get me 5 pointy sticks. The city of Stormwind has a long story going with corription and problems with the Defias gang that tie into each other.
Everything is balanced! The classes are balanced in a way that fits their look, ie: (Note: let's just say these people are level 1 without any equipment) An Orc would make a slightly better warrior than a Gnome would while a Gnome rogue would win against an Orc rogue because the nature of the race makes them hard to hit.
In response to XzDoG
XzDoG wrote:
Um, play on a private server. Its free. Just find somewhere to download buy the game ;).

http://www.wowstatus.net/

Yes...I would never download a game...even if I knew where to which I don't...but I might want to know somewhere to download this game, just to make sure I never go there...
In response to SSJ Radditz
Well, You can download the installer from file-planet, then instead of creating an account for offical WoW just create one on the private servers. The installer gives you the full game, so yeah.
In response to XzDoG
That brings up great legal issues though. He did not pay for the game, as fileplanet is assuming he will do, but then, file planet does not require proof of purchase, and WoW gave them distributing rights, I would imagin for 10day free trials. I would think, however, that it is on the less legal side of the law.
In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
WoW is hands down the best! The artists crunched down the polys to make entering large cities with tons of people smooth while keeping a great look.

It shows. I'm sure it looks better in motion but screenshots I've seen of WOW look damn sucky. Not only is everything jaggy and pointy, but it's as if the development team never heard of shadows or shading. =/
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
That brings up great legal issues though. He did not pay for the game, as fileplanet is assuming he will do, but then, file planet does not require proof of purchase, and WoW gave them distributing rights, I would imagin for 10day free trials. I would think, however, that it is on the less legal side of the law.

Indeed it is, I suggest doing it say don't do it. You know, BYOND doesnt need that trouble. ;) However, just do what I said above just play the trial if you want.
In response to Elation
No shading? Everything is shaded, screenshots do the game no justice.

In this screenshot you can see some of the blades of grass are brighter than the others. As you move the camera around the BLADES OF GRASS shine...not the entire texture, it looks really great!
You can also look at those trees, notice anything? None are the same model. =)
I would play Rangarok again but I am on Dial up, and the file is now over 2GB big!

I have been looking for a Ragnarok install disk and I can't find it. With so many players you would think they would start selling install packs!

I tried to sign up for a free Ragnarok CD, and its been like a year and a half since I signed up for it. And the page was so hard to find, I had to go into a fan forum and find this link to get to it since the offical Ragnarok Homepage dosent have a link for it on the main page.

Finally, I was able to play FFXI with no noticeable lag, the loading times were great and I had the game cranked on high.

But I read WoW really pushes machines and is one of the laggest games out there. I don't want to buy it, meet the system requirments and then get lagged the hell out of because I have 56K
In response to Shades
I am on dial-up as well, yet I play WoW. It only lags once in a while and if you have other stuff running at the same time that may cause lag. However, do NOT play on private servers... I hear they are very laggy and some give you 30 levels from one monster. Leveling in WoW is fairly easy but sometimes it can be hard. When you first start out, you can get about level 5-8 the first day, and at, let's say level 32(like me), then you'd gain like one or two levels per day.
In response to XxDragonFlarexX
DF, that is all a bunch of BS. Private servers are not laggy, and do not have slow exp gain or bugs. Find a good server. I directed him to one.
In response to XzDoG
I am on dial up, so unless the download for WoW is under 1GB big I think I might try to buy it.

Someone told me you can currenlty buy WoW with most of the updates in tact, and only end up having to download maybe 20MB of updates total.

That would be NICE since last time I spent 15 hours downloading updates for FFXI.
In response to Shades
The download is ~3 GBs.
Two days ago, I start downloading it with like 3.4 GBs left on my HD.
I think "It won't be that big".
I come back the next day, and I have 180MB left
_>
In response to XzDoG
Yeah, private servers are actually better IMO
Reguardless, WoW private servers are illegal, and Blizzard is going out of their way to shut them all down, threating to take them to court if they aren't shutdown.

Does the really affect you? Well, sure it does. If you play a server to dominate everyone else and that server gets shutdown when you are around level afinity, it's going to suck. You're going to join another server and end up doing the same thing all over again.

Good thing Ragnarok private servers are legal. =D
Page: 1 2