ID:134679

It is sometimes easy to miss out new comments to blog posts if you don't log in for a while. Of course, you can have e-mails sent to you, but I would prefer to have an option of "Show New Comments" on one's own blog page, which would list the blog posts where new comments have been since been added.

Another function for forum members would be a similar notification if anybody posts in somebody's game forums. It is too easy to not notice any posts in there, unless you regularly check every single hub entry. Now, I would suggest this to be likewise a members-only bonus (because of the extra effort), but it would be appreciated. It could likewise be under a "Show New Forum Posts" link. That way, you can't miss a single question, comment, or bug comment on your forums. :-)

splatty
Don't they turn red?
splattergnome wrote:
Another function for forum members would be a similar notification if anybody posts in somebody's game forums. It is too easy to not notice any posts in there, unless you regularly check every single hub entry.

I like this :) I only check my forums every year or so, and some sort of notification of new posts would be nice. Not that any of my forums get a whole lot of traffic...

Maybe it could be tied into the 'My Games/Demos/Libraries' sections of the members blogs. Some sort of 'New messages' icon underneath each entry?
In response to Flick
Flick wrote:
splattergnome wrote:
Another function for forum members would be a similar notification if anybody posts in somebody's game forums. It is too easy to not notice any posts in there, unless you regularly check every single hub entry.

I like this :) I only check my forums every year or so, and some sort of notification of new posts would be nice. Not that any of my forums get a whole lot of traffic...

This will all change soon!
In response to Tom
Like..
BYOND 3.6 soon?
Or BYOND 4.0 soon?
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Like..
BYOND 3.6 soon?
Or BYOND 4.0 soon?

Member site updates don't usually happen in sync with actual BYOND updates , so you can't really judge when it will come like that. :P

~~> Unknown Person
In response to Tom
Awesome.

By the way, in the meantime, I've been using a program called WebMon to check various websites for updates (like my game forum). It's missing some useful features and the guy hasn't updated it in friggin' years (neither does he respond to my emails), but it works quite well for things like the games forum.

Just don't try to use it on phpbb forums. =(
In response to Crispy
I just don't see why they don't put up a rss feed.
Even on another site! I'm sure one of the users will be kind enough to host something like that.
They could have RSS feeds for the main forums and then one for the BYOND Members site.