In response to Teh Governator
From what i hear, the traffic was so bad that most people couldnt get out before the storm hit.
In response to Edge657123
Wow panzy stop going off topic on your crappy political points. =P

<3

~Kujila
In response to Edge657123
Edge657123 wrote:
Kitrana has hit America bad but America has hit others worse...

I think I made it readable. Is that what you meant?

Not only did you spell and 'grammarize' this terribly, but you brought the thread off-topic and stated your one talking-point. The fact that that point is a lie adds insult to injury. You are taking the deaths of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people to score cheap political points. That that talking-point and others like it date back to the Vietnam war! This is not a time for politics! (And if you're going to use death as a political weapon, at least be imaginative!) People need help, lives need to be rebuilt, and a city needs to be de-flooded.

In any case, the US could never match the fury of any natural disaster: not hurricane, volcano, tornado, or earthquake. Personally, I think that's for the best.

--Vito
In response to Sniper Joe
Sniper Joe wrote:
Maybe this is the beggining of the end of the word, or a giant disaster...

That sounds crazy....but it could be happening..this could be like the Dust Bowl, or Great Depression, cuasing chaos and distruction and things...

Just wait until the volcano under Yellowstone erupts. THAT'S when you know it's the end of the world. :O

Anyways, back on topic. Gas prices here are still around $2.50 / 9/10 gallons.
In response to Vito Stolidus
Vito Stolidus wrote:

In any case, the US could never match the fury of any natural disaster: not hurricane, volcano, tornado, or earthquake. Personally, I think that's for the best.

--Vito

Nukez

~Kujila
In response to Mega fart cannon
Mega fart cannon wrote:

Just wait until the volcano under Yellowstone erupts. THAT'S when you know it's the end of the world. :O

Thats not for another 50-100 Years. I won't be around. Thank god.
In response to Kujila
Even "nukez" couldn't level the city - some buildings would survive, albeit windowless

No amount of nukes would produce a result like that.

Anyway, the US *isn't* doing anything when a nuke is detonated. It's like a piece of the sun appeared at the blast site - that's a natural phenomenon too...

The US did not invent Nukes, the sun did. (Strictly speaking) and we'd never cut through the red tape to nuke civillins anyway. It'll never happen. In a manner of speaking, Bureacucy says we can't nuke anyone.

--Vito
Vito, Chernobyl can't be reinhabited for roughly 280,000 years, even if a couple buildings survived, the radiation kills everything in a pretty large radius. Depends on the 'nuke' though, and some people confuse atomic weapons with nuclear weapons, which are much more powerful than atomic ones.
In response to Justin Knight
I'm no physicist, but one nuke can't devastate the whole US gulf coast. I know Nukes come close to a natural disaster, but they don't even compare to volcanoes. (See MT St. Helens Eruption), where Detroit got a Dark Day when ash blanketed the sky from a volcano in WASHINGTON STATE. No nuke could do that. Hurricanes are similar. Their raw power is more than that of a Nuke, but their lasting effects are somewhat less and that power is spread out over many square miles. If the power of a hurricane were concentrated into a single small area, that would be a storm indeed.

--Vito
OMG....you guys don't even know....I live in Alabama...It is so bad here. The best gas station in town is down to about 600-some odd gallons....Won't be long and we'll be riding bikes and skateboards around.
But we have thousands of nukes ^^

~Kujila
In response to Shyyk
You're right: We don't know. We can't know. None of us can. We can't know what' it's kile to survive the waking nightmare that is experiencing a hurricane from the inside. We can't know what it's kile to come back from vacation to find our house gone and our property under four feet of water. We can't know what it's like to find out that a loved one has died down there. We can't know what it's like going through the day-to-day uncertainty all those who remain go through. We cant, that is, until it happens to us. I hope that for most of you, you never know how it feels.

We can't know, but we can imagine. What I imagine is enough for me. I know enough only to know that this is the worst crisis that region has ever faced. It's on par with the barbaric mass murder of 9/11, only Nature itself unleashed the wrath of the greatest of storms upon Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, and other states. The only thing I know about how it feels to experience such an awesome crisis firsthand is: I never want myself or anyone else to experience this. Ever. I know that's impossible, but some of us may get lucky.

I hope many do.

--Vito
In response to Kujila
If we *can't* fire one, what makes you think we *can* fire 1,000 or more?

If we did, it would be significant, but nothing compared to natural disasters in the fossil record - The cambrian Extinction wiped out, I think it was 80% or more of all species on earth, and then there's the K-T Extinction, I'm assuming you've all heard of it...

IF we could match a storm like this, we most likely could stop one. We can't stop them. Plain and simple.

--Vito
lol @ bajilliontrillion year theories

~Kujila
In response to Polaruis
Polaruis wrote:
Mega fart cannon wrote:

Thats not for another 50-100 Years. I won't be around. Thank god.

It's only a prediction.
The gas stations closed their pumps in my area, there is no more gas.
Vito Stolidus wrote:
You're right: We don't know. We can't know. None of us can. We can't know what' it's like to survive the waking nightmare that is experiencing a hurricane from the inside. We can't know what it's like to come back from vacation to find our house gone and our property under 10+ feet of water. We can't know what it's like to find out that a loved one has died down there. We can't know what it's like going through the day-to-day uncertainty all those who remain go through. We cant, that is, until it happens to us. I hope that for most of you, you never know how it feels.

We can't know, but we can imagine. What I imagine is enough for me. I know enough only to know that this is the worst crisis that region has ever faced. It's on par with the barbaric mass murder of 9/11, only Nature itself unleashed the wrath of the greatest of storms upon Louisiana, Mississippi, Florida, and other states. The only thing I know about how it feels to experience such an awesome crisis firsthand is: I never want myself or anyone else to experience this. Ever. I know that's impossible, but some of us may get lucky.

I hope many do.

--Vito
Vito Stolidus wrote:
You're right: We don't know. We can't know. None of us can. We can't know what' it's like to survive the waking nightmare that is experiencing a hurricane from the inside. We can't know what it's like to come back from vacation to find our house gone and our property under 10+ feet of water. We can't know what it's like to find out that a loved one has died down there. We can't know what it's like going through the day-to-day uncertainty all those who remain go through. We cant, that is, until it happens to us. I hope that for most of you, you never know how it feels.

I hope many do.

--Vito
In response to Branks
Might be even sooner..I'm pretty sure that prediction is based on natural occurence. Knowing us humans, we are gonna screw something else up making our iminent doom quicker..>_<
Page: 1 2 3 4