ID:186180

I've just picked up Madden 2006 and upon playing it all of the "cheese","money plays" players who used those tactics ALL had a horribly time playing 06 from the start, first of all they re-wrote the whole gameplay and the whole QB - Vision and Precision Passing feature gets rid of the whole run back and lob it up. :P.. I know this probaly isn't going to be a high number of people (if any?), do any of you have Madden 2006 and play online for Playstation 2? I would LOVE for my Cowboys to run wild on you!
EA is tearing the videogame industry apart. =/

And on subject. I played the same game in John Madden 96' back on the genensis. =P

Besides the huuuuuge roster update. =P
In response to Makubezu
What do you mean. They aren't ripping the industry apart. They're buying everyone. :P
In response to Popisfizzy
I know, that is what I meant by tearing it apart. They are doing nothing but bad things to it. I have no idea how many licenses they have purchased.

NFL (for like a few years, ESPN is better than Madden by the way), James Bond....you get the point.
In response to Makubezu
Makubezu wrote:
NFL (for like a few years, ESPN is better than Madden by the way), James Bond....you get the point.

I will never agree with you that ESPN is better than Madden. It's not even a debate to me.
Thank 'god'. With just a few "money" players, it gets too simple. In a less tactical game, secondary players are hardly ever needed. Except for auto-substitutions every couple plays, and by the chance someone gets left open on account of a stacked line or extra coverage.
In response to Koshigia
Koshigia wrote:

I will never agree with you that ESPN is better than Madden. It's not even a debate to me.

So you are saying, a roster update, maybe a few kinks on the graphics, new accessories, is all you want in the next installment of a Madden game? Oh, I see.

In response to Makubezu
Makubezu wrote:

So you are saying, a roster update, maybe a few kinks on the graphics, new accessories, is all you want in the next installment of a Madden game? Oh, I see.

If you refer to the very first post, madden supposedly made severe changes to elliminate the effective superiority of certain tactics not true to real football.

While we are putting words in each others mouthes... So you are saying that you don't like a game because the makers have the ability to add new features? In that case, stick with pong.
In response to Koshigia
I'll just use your line.

"I will never agree that Madden is better than EPSN. It's not even a debate to me."

In other words, what I meant by my previous post is that that is mostly all Madden has to offer with each new installment.
In response to Makubezu
Oh, glad you see it my way. :)
Hey! Thanks for reminding me Madden 06 is out, Its payday today and I just might have to pick it up for XBOX.
In response to AlexisOnFire
:O , One of you must take the Cheeto-plummit and get mossed!
In response to Cheetoz
hay
In response to Makubezu
Makubezu wrote:
EA is tearing the videogame industry apart. =/

I'm not a big fan of EA, but for a completely different reason - their annoying-as-heck often-unskippable logo movie that plays every time you start up one of their games.

Game: "EA GAMES!"

Me: "Yeah, yeah, get on with it already."

Game: *whispers* "Challenge everything..."

Me: "That slogan is so lame..."

Okay, so there are more important things to get riled up about, but geez! It's not like EA even MADE the game, why do they get to plaster that irritating whisper and logo all over it?

</rant>
In response to Crispy
The "Challenge everything..." creeps me out, but everyone I know that plays Madden loves to hear... "E...A...SPORTS.......IT'S IN THE GAME.....MADDEN NFL 2006" The other ones are just stupid and need to be taken out.
In response to Popisfizzy
Popisfizzy wrote:
What do you mean. They aren't ripping the industry apart. They're buying everyone. :P

And then making them produce a crappy game or two, usually with a multiplayer/MMORPG game somewhere in there, and then shutting them down. It's the Microsoft way of "competition". Buy the competition out and close 'em down.
In response to Jon88
Yea. That's not what competitions is. At least they still come out with a few good games: The Sims, SimCity, and Burnout.
I have it on Xbox Live.