ID:186237

Nadrew wrote:
I saw him as recently as two weeks ago, he's a busy person.

Hey fellows, I'm not dead, though I feel a bit mentally dead at times. :) I'm busy with work/projects until the end of september at least, then I will make a comeback just in time for 4.0! Of course, there is always a background process in my head working on new Byond game ideas... Thanks for thinking about me, I appreciate it. I'll drop by on the pager whenever I get a minute. Hmm, why not now?

/Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
Nadrew wrote:
I saw him as recently as two weeks ago, he's a busy person.

Hey fellows, I'm not dead, though I feel a bit mentally dead at times. :) I'm busy with work/projects until the end of september at least, then I will make a comeback just in time for 4.0! Of course, there is always a background process in my head working on new Byond game ideas... Thanks for thinking about me, I appreciate it. I'll drop by on the pager whenever I get a minute. Hmm, why not now?

/Gazoot

Not just the pager, but LRS as well, it seems.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Not just the pager, but LRS as well, it seems.

Wouldn't miss that game for anything! Especially when I have to make a song for it... And now I've downloaded Skale tracker, so maybe it'll happen soon!

/Gazoot
In response to Gazoot
Thanks to you, im currently downloading Skale Tracker! I had been looking for a good program, and when i put in Skale Tracker in my Firefox address bar, I went straight to the site. Looks great. Thanks!

[EDIT]
Just opened it up, it looks freakin awesome. The GUI is outstanding! I'll play around with it later, but for now, back to BYOND.
[/EDIT]

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Um, sorry for being a n00b, but what exactly is this, string thing?
In response to WindShock
WindShock wrote:

String thing, you mean the tracker program? It's a very advanced but quite simple to learn program to make so called module music. Starting from version 3.5, Byond supports MODs, so go on and make some music! :)

/Gazoot
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Thanks to you, im currently downloading Skale Tracker! I had been looking for a good program, and when i put in Skale Tracker in my Firefox address bar, I went straight to the site. Looks great. Thanks!

[EDIT]
Just opened it up, it looks freakin awesome. The GUI is outstanding! I'll play around with it later, but for now, back to BYOND.
[/EDIT]

Ah, glad I could help you! Yep, Skale seems to become the new standard in mod making. Are you a frequent tracker? Got something to show?

/Gazoot
In response to Gazoot
Maybe he's talking about what the thread was, originally

Hiead
In response to WindShock
WindShock wrote:

Read the library's documentation.
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Maybe he's talking about what the thread was, originally

Yes, I just stared myself blind at the changed topic. X-)

/Gaz
In response to Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
but quite simple to learn program to make so called module music.

/Gazoot

I can't figure it out. Usually good at these things, but can't figure out what buttons to press to add in notes/instruments/etc.

Hiead
In response to Hiead
The problem exists mainly with knowing about general music theory, or whatever. Someone tried to teach it to me once, I got lost a thousand miles away, and reading tutorials only help if you already are familiar with writing music, or at least reading it.

I'm lost.
In response to Kunark
Kunark wrote:
The problem exists mainly with knowing about general music theory, or whatever. Someone tried to teach it to me once, I got lost a thousand miles away, and reading tutorials only help if you already are familiar with writing music, or at least reading it.

I'm lost.

Worse is that to be any good with composing stuff like harmony, you pretty much have to play an instrument. At least so tutorials have led me to believe, since I've found few that were any good at explaining even the basics to me.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
In response to Ben G
For once I agree with you.
In response to Ben G
Ah
evaluatestring -> Gaz lives -> Music

Heh, its amazing.

Hiead
In response to Kunark
Actually I just cant figure out what to press in the GUI to do the stuff(It looks nice, but half the time I click something it does nothing)

[EDIT] Eh, been readin the tutorials. Never used Fast Tracker before, so I didn't know how to work the specific software, but im catchin on

Hiead
In response to Hiead
Um yah. I opened it and it was like..WHAT?
In response to Ben G
And on that note, I've split up the thread and moved the Gazoot/SKALE bit to Community. Some of it is a bit tangled up with the other thread's content, but hopefully nobody will get too confused. =)
I truly don't think anyone thought you died.
Page: 1 2