In response to Shades
Entropy.
In response to Rockinawsome
Rockinawsome wrote:
man...this post is so wrong on so many levels...

If you mean yours, then yes.

The only thing I can agree with is that the education system is screwed up - but my reasoning differs widely.

Ditto.

Why do you blindly believe what you want to when the facts of his education are in front of you?

Why do you blindly believe what you want to when the facts of our evolution are in front of you?

And why do you fear Christians so much? O no! The creation theory! That's a new one...I don't like the fact that people teach darwinist evolution as fact.

Well, the thing is, you don't have to like it. The education system is in place to empower our youth with the knowledge of the world our civilization has accumulated over time. The keyword here is knowledge. Creationism is not knowledge, it is faith. The education system does not teach faith to our youth, and for good reason. There is absolutely no evidence to support creationism, and mountains full supporting evolution. Since the educational system's goal is to supply knowledge, the system with the most reasonable chance of being true is taught. Creationism doesn't even compare.

~X
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
I refuse to do any more than scan that article!

I read it, it was very interesting.

Anyway, I stand by my statement regardless of how blind I may be; guns cannot be justified. :/

Sure they can, had you read the article, you'd understand that. If I ever get big into crime, I'm moving to Jolly ol' England where I know I can loot, rape and murder people with little concern for my own demise. Heck, you can't even carry pepper spray! You guys best pray our criminals don't catch wind of this, they would so pwn j00!

~X
In response to Xooxer
:P

Actually, I ran into a police officer in an English airport after my holiday- he was clutching the biggest rifle I'd ever seen.

It bore much resemblence to the M4 Rifle off Hitman 2, the one that fires about a billion bullets a second!

Any criminal seeing that would think twice, I think. I certainly got a fright!
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
:P

Actually, I ran into a police officer in an English airport after my holiday- he was clutching the biggest rifle I'd ever seen.

It bore much resemblence to the M4 Rifle off Hitman 2, the one that fires about a billion bullets a second!

Any criminal seeing that would think twice, I think. I certainly got a fright!

Hehe, you've never been to L.A., then have you? ;) One officer with an automatic rifle? Please. Your country is a sitting duck, and we have an excess of criminals who'd leap at the chance to run free in a defenseless community. You thoguht that officer was scary? He isn't intent on taking your life, money or possesions, and certainly wouldn't shoot you for it. Most of our felons would, and wouldn't think twice about shoving their barrel down your throat just to laugh while you pee yourself.

~X
This probably should have been deleted, inasmuch as political debates on the BYOND forums have never gone well. Anyway, the question settled with votes in November, so why beat a dead horse? At least, why beat it here? Since this topic is taking over, and there are plenty of other, better places to discuss it, it's closed.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8