ID:186785

If someone choices to delete this, it's cool, I was bored and thought it'd be a interesting topic.

Should bush have stayed president, or would we have been better with the other runner?

~C
Oh god! Politics on the forums! Run away!

Personally, I don't really care. Most of what he's doing hasn't affected me so far, so I'm not that worried. But just think of this, he won't be back in 08.
Chwgt wrote:
Should bush have stayed president, or would we have been better with the other runner?

Possibly. I don't think Kerry was necessarily that much better, just different; it was mostly just a choice between which set of interest groups you want to have the White House in their pocket. I think the advantage of having elected Kerry would have been that, with the opposition party in control of both houses of Congress, Kerry would have had a harder time ramming through pet legislation.
In response to Leftley
Trying to chose the better of two evils. I think it's really hard to say who would have done better. We've only experienced what Bush has done now.
In response to Tiko
Tiko wrote:
Oh god! Politics on the forums! Run away!

Personally, I don't really care. Most of what he's doing hasn't affected me so far, so I'm not that worried. But just think of this, he won't be back in 08.

Passing a bill that extends term limitations for presidents so they can run three or four or more times would allow him to run again in 2008. I doubt such a thing would happen, but you never know.
In response to Tiko
Tiko wrote:
But just think of this, he won't be back in 08.

Yeah, 08 begins the reign of Hilary Clinton!
Bush & Son: Taking us to war since 1989.
In response to Stimulus
Stimulus wrote:
Tiko wrote:

You mean Arnie, right?
I like Bush.
Chwgt wrote:

Depends on what you want.

If you'd prefer a situation where we were pulling ourselves out of Iraq and just leaving that region to its own devices, then you'd be better off with Kerry. As he has made clear, he considers the Iraqi election illegitimate and he'd have worked to have good relations with the various dictators in the area. For some, it would be better to let the region continue as it was before, as long as we're not involved.

If you prefer a situation where, at risk to American and other lives and at risk of failure, we push forward to attempt to infuse democracy in that area of the world, then Bush is better.

That's assuming foreign policy is what matters to you. If domestic policy is what matters, it's much harder to say. Each party is better and worse in various areas.
Chwgt wrote:

I think that we would have been better with Kerry. Having a literate president is very important to me.
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Stimulus wrote:
Tiko wrote:

You mean Arnie, right?

He can't run, he wasn't born in the U.S. -.-
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
I like Bush.

Plain, simple, but bold & strong! I will try this too.

I like Bush.

~Text
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
I like Bush.

Why?
In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
Elation wrote:
Stimulus wrote:
Tiko wrote:

You mean Arnie, right?

He can't run, he wasn't born in the U.S. -.-

What, people who have American citizenship can't run in the 'Land of the free'?

heh.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Wizkidd0123 wrote:
Gughunter wrote:
I like Bush.

Why?

Because in America, "cowboy" is a compliment, not an insult. :)
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
Because in America, "cowboy" is a compliment, not an insult. :)

Maybe, but at least in Ohio, "illiterate" is an insult: not a compliment.
In response to Wizkidd0123
Maybe, but at least in Ohio, "illiterate" is an insult: not a compliment.

But I don't believe that Bush is illiterate, either literally or figuratively.
In response to Gughunter
He just has a weird way of speaking. :P
In response to Elation
It's a prerequisite to have been born on US soil (I think it's alright if you were born while parents were on vacation, or embassadors to another country or something).
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8