ID:135046

Would it be possible to make it where, ppl could edit the name displayed for their key, but not their actual key?

Ex:
Key = Chwgt
Displayed Key Name = Jing(or whatever its just ex.)

If so, does anyone think that would be a good idea for a new feature?

~C
If it were possible to change your name, it should go like:
Name(Key).
What difference would a key "name" make to having a key? Eventually, all the names would be taken and it'd be just like having a key in the first place.
Anyone can do this in their games already. If you mean for it to display the name in other places of Byond, such as the pager and in the forum, not only is it not necessary, but it might lead to confusion as well as people try to impersonate others.
In response to Loduwijk
Mabe people could set like an Alias for there BYOND Pager, game, etc, where they could toggle it on and off to display there real key or there alias, I think it would be a good idea...
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Mabe people could set like an Alias for there BYOND Pager, game, etc, where they could toggle it on and off to display there real key or there alias, I think it would be a good idea...

No, it's a pretty bad idea. Sorry!

*Elation changes his keyname to Lummox JR!
Lummox JR: "Give me your game source and password!"
Generic_Joe: "Um, okay, sure! Don't ban me!"
In response to Elation
I think it's fairly pointless (no offense), but somebody can just create a new key. If you don't like what it displays, simply make a new one.

~Polatrite~