ID:186800

My good friend commited suicide last week, and I just now found out. It makes me ask a question, is life really not worth living to some, even if doctors claim he was suffering inside. He was a real nice person, so my band and I, are going to sing a song in tribute to him, the lyrics are my own. Anyway thats off the point..., is life really not worth living?

~C
Of course it is, but I bet if you asked him he'd tell you it wasn't. Then again, I guess you can't ask him.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

-Ryan
In response to Ryne Rekab
Thanks.
I'm sorry for your loss.

To some people, they really find life not worth living.

Maybe they think they're a burden to others. E.g. A child from a poor family might committ suicide so there's more money to go around in that family.

Some people just don't think they can keep going. E.g. failing school, not being able to find work, etc.

Maybe they don't like the way life is going, and don't think it's gunna get better.

I'm sure they find plenty of reasons. They have to rationalize it.

Suicide can come a whole lot easier when you lack purpose. We thrive on purpose and reason, 'something to do'.

I'm sorry for your loss.
I agree with what Airjoe said on the issue.

About whether life is worth living or not, I'd have to say that the question seems to be a restricted one. You can live your life for others or yourself, to cause joy or sadness, to change the world or stay out of the way. But to think of ending ones life prematurely is only to look at the short-term problems. People can feel like/truly go as low as they can possibly go, but I believe that only makes the possibility of improvement that much broader. If you don't see any value in your life, then you can make it your goal to find something to do with it because the end result shouldn't be the most important thing, but rather how you get there.

Besides, the final end result for everybody will be a decaying body, so you may as well do all you can with the time you have. Having said that, though, I hope you recover from your loss.
In response to Sarm
The worst part about all this, is his parents don't even care, his grandparents planned the funeral etc...

~C
In response to Chwgt
Chwgt wrote:
The worst part about all this, is his parents don't even care

maybe the cause?
Well, after life is death. What happens inbetween is up to you. You can either make it not worth living, or you can make it worth living. But, I say life can be pointless at time. Not so much that I'd kill myself, but to see the perspective in which life is just dumb.
Well, I've asked myself that question before, and have come up with both answers, depending on the circumstances at the time. I agree with Sarm, pretty much, but can also understand the draw of death. Sometimes you just feel that anything, even nothing, would be better than where you are right now. It's deffinetly a long-term solution to (what appears to be to an outside observer) a short-term problem, but the problem may not be the real issue, usually it's just the last straw. Often with suicides, by the time someone realizes there is a problem, it's too late to help them. I guess the only advice I have is to keep open communication with those people you care about, and hope they trust you enough to share their troubles. Good luck with the song.

~X
nobody can tell you if your life is worth living. They can just say, why give it all up?
In response to JordanUl
[link]

~>Jiskuha
In response to Airjoe
His parents are probably just in shock. I mean they probably never realized something like this would happen.

-Ryan
My friend kind of commited suicide he OD, but they can't prove on purpose, but whats worse is he OD then someone came to his house didn't know he was dead so they shot him like 6 times then called 911(how retarded)yeah they were caught oviously, but yeah it sucks he was only 30 he still had like 50years in front of him.
In response to Bit Cloud3_0
Shot him!?
In response to Bit Cloud3_0
Bit Cloud3_0 wrote:
My friend kind of commited suicide he OD, but they can't prove on purpose, but whats worse is he OD then someone came to his house didn't know he was dead so they shot him like 6 times then called 911(how retarded)yeah they were caught oviously, but yeah it sucks he was only 30 he still had like 50years in front of him.

That sounds a bit fake, but anyways, sorry about both your losses.
In response to Jiskuha
And?
In response to JordanUl
Ouch Man Sorry for both your losses, but as it goes you gain some and loose some but C When he comitted sucide if it was cuz he was ill it probaly was the best thing instead of him dying in a painful death.

MIRUSKA
In response to Miruska
Miruska wrote:
Ouch Man Sorry for both your losses, but as it goes you gain some and loose some

Not really. Lives aren't easy go easy come.

but C When he comitted sucide if it was cuz he was ill it probaly was the best thing instead of him dying in a painful death.

If you're dying from a terminal illness, and want to die early, it'd be called Euthanasia. While similar to suicide, it's looked on differently by the authorities. In some countries, it's perfectly legal if you have a doctor's permission.

eu·tha·na·sia ( P ) Pronunciation Key (yth-nzh, -zh-)
n.
The act or practice of ending the life of an individual suffering from a terminal illness or an incurable condition, as by lethal injection or the suspension of extraordinary medical treatment.

<--- Although if it was an individual killing themselves, it might not fit into that category.
Chwgt wrote:
is life really not worth living?

That is a decision you as in individual must decide. Personally, the answer is always yes. I have been going through some real hard times lately (kicked out of school, arrested, liscense suspend for about 2 years, mother lost here job, ect...) but no matter how hard things get, life is always worth living.

In the words of a famous street poet:
"Why are you dieing to live if we are only living to die"