ID:187828

I remember having some sort of tool or someway i could actually make my desktop bigger than my resolution and it added scroll bars to my desktop so i could scroll on it. Does anyone know how to do this?
Ive never heard of somthing like that, but I also cant think of why you would want/need somthing like that.

Just make your resolution bigger
In response to Smoko
My monitor only goes upto 1024x768 then it starts to have problems. Anyway i cant change it unless i have the right drivers other wise it screws up.
In response to Critical
www.driverguide.com/

Look there, if you cant find anything try your video cards manufacture's home page.

If all else fails get a new video Card, or live with the current res?
In response to Smoko
I have the most current video card and its drivers, its my monitors drivers im talking about. My monitor cant support it, and im looking for a way not to make a larger resolution a way to make the desktop bigger.
In response to Critical
hmmm, how old if your monitor?
In response to Smoko
Bout 3 years.
In response to Critical
Hmm, my monitor can get 1280x1024 just fine, I got my monitor second hand so I dont know how old it is.

Ill have a look for a program though.

Post if you/someone finds it so im not wasting my time
In response to Smoko
what you are looking for is something called a "virtual desktop" where the screen is larger than the physical resolution. usually such programs allow you to touch your mouse to the edge of the screen and the desktop slides in that direction to the limit of the larger resolution. try placecs like snapfiles.com or downloads.com - should find something useful in these places.
In response to digitalmouse
I thought virtual desktops allowed you to switch between them and have like 3 or 4 different desktops?
In response to Critical
Critical wrote:
I thought virtual desktops allowed you to switch between them and have like 3 or 4 different desktops?

true, but i was referring to the other kind that lets you slide the desktop around.