ID:187846

Zaole wrote:
Game/Hub(s): Mistic Journey, Proelium, Survival

I'd call it the "poorly designed game" disease, myself.
I just posted a post on this, and didnt even notice thats what this was about...LoL but if you read my post, I stated that it happens in about every game I go to, wheither I host it or not.
I'll laugh if Chatters gets the underflow message.
Mertek wrote:
Zaole wrote:
Game/Hub(s): Mistic Journey, Proelium, Survival

I'd call it the "poorly designed game" disease, myself.

Isn't it a bit odd that two of these games are designed by respected programmers of the community, but they are theoretically "poorly designed?"

~Polatrite -- Survival~
In response to Polatrite
I don't know about Survival, but Proelium really needed some tweaking in many areas. Hi Silk. ;)
In response to Polatrite
There's a difference from well respected and well done. I don't want to get this post deleted, so I'll eat the details.
In response to Crashed
Well, typically we are well-respected for our coding abilities. At least, I think that's why I'm respected by some of you. I doubt it's because I have a breakthrough personality or anything, I'm fairly cynical and mean. ;) As such, you'd assume someone who knew a lot about coding would design a well-coded game!
In response to Polatrite
Let me make it clear that possessing great knowledge in a programming language is a completely different thing than having the ability to make an entertaining and interesting game. None of those games are entertaining, none of them are interesting.
In response to Mertek
Mertek wrote:
Let me make it clear that possessing great knowledge in a programming language is a completely different thing than having the ability to make an entertaining and interesting game. None of those games are entertaining, none of them are interesting.

Why don't you do better?
In response to Jon88
Jon88 wrote:
Why don't you do better?

I've had a long history of failure in the art of putting together a game, along with my complete lack of original concepts and DM. I doubt I'd be able to do any better than what's out there, but doing nothing is always much better than making a bunch of crap and releasing it to the masses, in this case.
In response to Jon88
He did succeed in something: Passing on the forbiddon truth!

It's what we all love Mertek for :)
In response to tenkuu
tenkuu wrote:
I don't know about Survival, but Proelium really needed some tweaking in many areas. Hi Silk. ;)

Dude... tweaking is WAY too polite a term. I think that the word "overhaul" is much more appropriate!
In response to Mertek
Oh, I dunno. I agree with you about MJ (mind you, I'm thoroughly tired of RPGs anyway), but Proelium is entertaining for a while. I've never played Survival, so I can neither agree nor disagree with you on that one.