ID:187887

There has to be a quote or two out there that make you cringe when you hear them based on what they say. I know there are quite a few that annoy me to death.

One of the most annoying ones being :

"Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it." To which I reply "Try dribbling a football."

Go ahead, let it go. It will be fun to hear some of the other ones I know I've forgotten. :D
"Real guys wear pink"

ugh.

~Kujila
Anything with "Super Saiyen" in it. x_x
In response to Kujila
That one also bugs me :P It's just like the other one that bugs me, "If you aren't gay, then you could handle seeing nakid guys/etc, because you aren't insecure about your sexuality." Sure, I am secure in knowing that I'm straight, but I still need to draw the line, man! I'm not feeling like smacking a bare man's butt today just to prove I'm not insecure... Screw that!

About the pink one though, some guys do look alright in pink... But they shouldn't wear it just to show people that they are secure about them being manly enough that they can wear pink and not have gender issues. -_-
Try dribbling a football

You can dribble a football if you set your mind to it. ;)

My least favorite quote is:

'Frieza, You will pay for the pain and suffering you have caused to my friends!'

and

'I'm rick james b----!'
Hehe, are you kidding?!?! As long as I put my mind to it, I can make my hand fly off of my body, hover in front of someone's face, and then give them a wedgie, after which, I become one of the most famous rockstars in the world after I bring back and sing for The Beatles... Because I set my mind to it :P
In response to Siientx
Siientx wrote:

Crap, I hope you haven't done it. That would mean I have to change my reply.
Very annoying quotes include:

"Same difference." - Although there is a way that phrase could be used correctly, the way everyone uses it is incorrect in such an annoying way that it ruins my day.

"That is so 5 minutes ago." or any other similar quote suggesting you need to get with the times - if something works, it works no matter what time it is. Even if something can be considered obsolete, it still works.

Very annoying words:

racist/sexist - The females and foreignors who overuse those words are usually themselves the racist and/or sexist ones, ironically.

Any new slang or jargon - It gets very annoying when people think you are somehow outdated simply because you are not up on all their new words (The word "words" used loosely there.)
SSJ2GohanDBGT wrote:
"Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it." To which I reply "Try dribbling a football."

Its easy to dribble a football in your mind. :P
In response to Loduwijk
I agree with with all of your pet-peeved quotes as well. I know a feminest and she says the most sexist things I have ever heard.
In response to Kunark
I agree I'm Rick james B**** is annoying

People shouldn't say it.

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=chappelle
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
"Same difference." - Although there is a way that phrase could be used correctly, the way everyone uses it is incorrect in such an annoying way that it ruins my day.

Hmm, I use that alot and in some cases I can see how it could be misused. Usually when I say it there is no difference. I guess the way I'm looking at it, its a smart-arse way of saying "There is no difference, thusly they are the same". I still see what you mean though.

I just realized another one. My mother awlays says "That is one of my pet peeves." Whats annoying about it? When she uses it when anything goes wrong. Gets annoying fast.
"That's off the sheezy!"

~Kujila
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
SSJ2GohanDBGT wrote:
Siientx wrote:

Crap, I hope you haven't done it. That would mean I have to change my reply.

"nothing is impossible" - "Yeah? Try slamming a revolving door."
I hate the miss use of the word 'so'.

"I am SO going to kick your butt" : WRONG!
"I am so mad at you" : right.

'So' is not used to modify verbs like kick, its used to emphasize adjectives.
In response to ThreeFingerPete
Haha, thanks. Now it doesn't matter =)
ThreeFingerPete wrote:

Well, technically, it is possible. If a person swung the door, then used the lock to catch it as it passed, the door would slam on the mechanism. Might break it, depending on how hard you swung it, but it would make a noise and stop.

~X
In response to Xooxer
Xooxer wrote:
ThreeFingerPete wrote:

Well, technically, it is possible.

Darn you Xooxer!
That's correct, "so" is an adjective. To modify a verb, one would have to use the adverb form, thus:

"I am soly going to kick your butt!"
In response to Hedgemistress
Heh, nice one. :-D

I couldn't think of any at first, but I was just reminded of one - "Keep your eyes peeled". Why on Earth would you peel eyes? Especially your OWN eyes? Shudder. That might hurt a little.
Page: 1 2