ID:135427

I got an email from dantom that my games will be removed from the server because they are clearing out all zip uploads, but my games already have a download url. Did the email just list all your game titles?(in which case im fine) or ones that it thinks have a zip uploaded?(in which case its telling me its gonna delete all my games)
If you have not already, check out the latest announcement at [link] - if it does not apply to you (meaning your hubs files *are* elsewhere and not on the BYOND servers) then you can safely ignore the email.
In response to digitalmouse
I also had a question about that announcement. It makes it sound as though any hub entries which include attached files will be deleted, not just the files attached to them. Was that a mistake on Deadron's part in typing it, or will anything that includes an attached file be deleted - file, hub entry and all?
Abra wrote:
I got an email from dantom that my games will be removed from the server because they are clearing out all zip uploads, but my games already have a download url. Did the email just list all your game titles?(in which case im fine) or ones that it thinks have a zip uploaded?(in which case its telling me its gonna delete all my games)

The email was supposed to list only the game titles with zip files on the hub. Until this week, we were mirroring web downloads for old clients (334 and below), so I forgot that these counted as well. If all of your games have valid download urls, then you're already set.
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
I also had a question about that announcement. It makes it sound as though any hub entries which include attached files will be deleted, not just the files attached to them. Was that a mistake on Deadron's part in typing it, or will anything that includes an attached file be deleted - file, hub entry and all?

Only the zip files will be deleted. Hub entries, hub icons, and banners will remain as usual. Sorry for the confusion.
I got that message for one of my games and thought it was an error because I had a download link. Of course, I still had a .zip for that game on the hub, so I had to check the "Delete existing zip package" option. =)