ID:188274

Thats it...they just will.
As long as the Lakers lose. I hate them with a passion.
Heh. That was an incredible block by Tayshaun Prince on Reggie Miller. Won the game right there. Now if Rasheed guarantees the championship, we may have to take him seriously... :)

I too hope the Lakers lose. Of course they're supposed to win it all, but frankly Malone and Payton are selling out, trading money for unearned glory. If they really wanted to earn a championship the real man's way, they would have stayed with their respective teams and taken the same pay cut to build a better team. Instead they (and especialy Karl, after 18 seasons in Utah) abandoned their loyal fans and took the easy route, joining the Lakers. If they win it all, I'd love to ask Karl if he felt like he earned it, riding on the back of Shaq after abandoning his team.

Sunday's game was promising, and hopefully the T-Wolves can keep up the intensity to steal a game in LA and take back home court advantage. While Detroit's defense would make an interesting matchup to try to stop the Lakers, I'm still not convinced either they or Indiana will be able to overcome them. I was thinking San Antonio was the best chance to knock them out, but then they just rolled over after winning the first two of that series. Doh!
In response to Mike H
I know! The stupid lakers are turning into the yankees of basketball, creating an evil empire of money and superstars, its just not fun to watch them, they seem to play with thier wallets(which is why i prefer to watch college usually). On the other hand there is the wallaces of the pistons, they made me watch the NBA again, both of them play with alot of heart, it will be sweet if they win it.
Personally, I believe that this is Minnesota's year. The T-Wolves seem to want it way more than any other team left in the playoffs. The way I see it, the Lakers aren't really as good as people think. Kobe's offense, and Shaq's defense is what really makes the team. The other players are just for Kobe and Shaq to pass to when the other team's defense gets tight. The Pistons have a great defensive team, and with a little more work on the offensive side, they will turn out to be a great team.

The two teams I am looking forward to watching next season for the east and west has to be New York and Houston. Aside from their trashy record from early on in the season, the Knicks are becoming one of the better teams in the league. After New York gets some serious practice in their new players Penny Hardaway and Stephon Marbury (and coach Isaiah Thomas) they will really be a site to see. Houston on the other hand, once Yao hits the weight room for a good bit of the summer, they are going to be a dynasty. Steve Francis and Yao are gonna become the next Kobe and Shaq, you just wait and see.
In response to Stimulus
Stimulus wrote:
Personally, I believe that this is Minnesota's year. The T-Wolves seem to want it way more than any other team left in the playoffs.

I particularly am not too interested in basketball, but I do know that all sports are the same in this one area..just because that team wants it more, doesn't mean it's going to get it. It doesn't matter HOW much you want it, and how hard you try, if the other team is better than you, your best just becomes that, your best in which your best efforts failed.
By the way, nice prediction. Congratulations to Detroit on a dominating series that nobody else thought possible. Great coach, great team basketball, great win. As I said last night, the Lakers have been exposed as the selfish team of superstars and scrubs that they are, with Kobe leading the ballhogging charge. :)
In response to Mike H
Damnit, I hate Ben Wallace. Big fight between me and five other kids in my school today between Kobe and Ben Wallace. I really wanted the pacers to win it, but Pistons took it right away from them. Pacers put up a better challenge then the Lakers. I hate Ben Wallace, along with the Pistons.
In response to Stimulus
Stimulus wrote:
Personally, I believe that this is Minnesota's year. The T-Wolves seem to want it way more than any other team left in the playoffs. The way I see it, the Lakers aren't really as good as people think. Kobe's offense, and Shaq's defense is what really makes the team. The other players are just for Kobe and Shaq to pass to when the other team's defense gets tight. The Pistons have a great defensive team, and with a little more work on the offensive side, they will turn out to be a great team.

The two teams I am looking forward to watching next season for the east and west has to be New York and Houston. Aside from their trashy record from early on in the season, the Knicks are becoming one of the better teams in the league. After New York gets some serious practice in their new players Penny Hardaway and Stephon Marbury (and coach Isaiah Thomas) they will really be a site to see. Houston on the other hand, once Yao hits the weight room for a good bit of the summer, they are going to be a dynasty. Steve Francis and Yao are gonna become the next Kobe and Shaq, you just wait and see.

Two things i am looking forward to watching next season is "the rumor that Tracy Macgardy is going to be bought by Celtics" and of course "the new basketball team called the Charlette Bobcats".
In response to Pagemasta
God I hate that name. I live about 30 miles from Charlotte and I hate that name. They had a vote on names, the other two were decent, but bobcats sounds like a hockey team, not a baskit ball team. The hornets was a good name, and they had a good logo, look at the bobcats, it sucks.
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:
God I hate that name. I live about 30 miles from Charlotte and I hate that name. They had a vote on names, the other two were decent, but bobcats sounds like a hockey team, not a baskit ball team. The hornets was a good name, and they had a good logo, look at the bobcats, it sucks.

I know what your saying it reminds me of bowling. Why did they sell the hornets in the first place?,Why didnt louisana simply just buy the bobcats instead?, they made it all confusing. err.. >.<
In response to Pagemasta
We didn't sell them. They left!
In response to Scoobert
Scoobert wrote:

What?, explain yourself nba players cant just all leave.
In response to Pagemasta
Pagemasta wrote:
Scoobert wrote:

Sure they can, if the team manager/owner moves the team to another location, they have to follow. =P
In response to Goku72
Goku72 wrote:
Pagemasta wrote:
Scoobert wrote:

Sure they can, if the team manager/owner moves the team to another location, they have to follow. =P

lol, i never knew that..i often think of things like each state has its own team but some dont have one yet...*turns back on california*.
In response to Pagemasta
Yep, several teams have moved locations over the years. Some teams change their names when they move, others don't. Personally, I think they should be required to change the name. At least when it doesn't make sense in the new location. For example:

Utah Jazz? That makes no sense. Utah isn't known for its jazz. The team was originally the New Orleans Jazz.

Los Angeles Lakers? LA isn't known for its lakes, but Minnesota is. The Lakers moved from Minneapolis in 1960. Should have changed their name (heck, something stupid like "Stars" would have been much more fitting in Hollywood) but it's too late now.

Across town, the most exciting team in basketball, the Los Angeles Clippers, came from San Diego. Before that, they were the Buffalo Braves.

Numerous other examples in all 4 major pro sports leagues. Look it up and learn some sports history. :)
In response to Mike H
T-Mac is going to celtics?I heard he was going to get traded to Rockets.
In response to Turles9000
Turles9000 wrote:
T-Mac is going to celtics?I heard he was going to get traded to Rockets.

It turns out my hopes are down...he might go to rockets..but "Steve Francis" doesnt want to go to Orlando and therefore he is holding up the trade.(take up this reply in my topic "NBA DRAFTS 2004")