ID:135596

Usually to test my multiplayer games I connect to them with my other screen name, but since i have been home for the summer that isnt working.

Im going to be hosting a game of corridors most of the night, if some one could try to join it for just a second so i can see if im having a problem with just hosting in general, or if its connecting with my same computer twice, that will help me out alot.

If you connect chat with me in the game, if you cant, then post a reply here, thanx alot.

http://games.byond.com/hub/Abra/Corridors
I couldn't get in. This should probably be in a different forum though.
In response to YMIHere
I posted this here, because I figured that would happen. Which leads me to this question. According to the help center, hosting games and using the pager happen the same way, my router has to allow access to ports on my computer. I know that my router uses NAT, but my pager works just fine, people just cant join my hosted games. any ideas how that is possible?
In response to Abra
Abra wrote:
I posted this here, because I figured that would happen. Which leads me to this question.

Good point. =p

According to the help center, hosting games and using the pager happen the same way, my router has to allow access to ports on my computer. I know that my router uses NAT, but my pager works just fine, people just cant join my hosted games. any ideas how that is possible?

That's how it was for me before I re-configured my router and firewall, the pager would work, but I couldn't host. I have no idea what NAT is, but you should go to your router's website and look for help on port forwarding. It's not a bad idea to post what brand of router(and firewall if you have one) you're using either, that way if someone has the same type they may be able to walk you through it step by step. Good luck.
In response to YMIHere
NAT is network address translation, I have a speedstream 2 port router, but i know exactly how to get to what i need to change, I had to do the same to allow me to play warcraft 3, I just dont know what settings i need to enter for byond the fields that need to be filled are:

trigger port
trigger type(TCP or UDP)
public port
public type(TCP or UDP)

if any one can help me out it would be appreciated thanx.
In response to Abra
Abra wrote:
NAT is network address translation, I have a speedstream 2 port router, but i know exactly how to get to what i need to change, I had to do the same to allow me to play warcraft 3, I just dont know what settings i need to enter for byond the fields that need to be filled are:

trigger port
trigger type(TCP or UDP)
public port
public type(TCP or UDP)

if any one can help me out it would be appreciated thanx.

Just choose a port. The port you need to let through is the one you choose via the host button in Dream Seeker, or in Dream Daemon.
In response to Abra
A few days ago there was a post on the forum saying TCP.
In response to Jon88
I have tried setting the same port to trigger and public, and the same type(tcp/ip) to both trigger and public, and then hosting on that port, it does not work. Something has to be different.