ID:188321

basically on my main computer i am getting pop ups every time i open my internet explorer. I dont know how to fix it! if any one have advice or help please do so

when i log in to my bt broadband connection on my laptop! i get a pop up window saying that computer shut down in 1 minute and it shuts down ! it says NT administrator causing something!

could any one help me get rid of this worm or spyware from my connection? please

thanks alot
You've most likily got the Sasser worm.
Check out http://www.norton.com for info on it. I belive they also have a free Sasser removal tool.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
You've most likily got the Sasser worm.
Check out http://www.norton.com for info on it. I belive they also have a free Sasser removal tool.

Sounds more like the Blaster worm, it uses RPC to shutdown your computer, and only gives you a minute to do. People at lans exploit this a lot of the time. Download the microsoft hotfix for it.
In response to Critical
That happened to me a few times on this PC when it came right off the line; "NT Administrator" called a system reboot as soon as I launched Internet Exploder. Downloading the hotfix did repair it, however.
In response to Critical
I don't have any first hand experience with it, but I could have sworn I heard them say on the news that Sasser does the one minute thing as well.
Although channel 10 news is more about having lots of stories first then having high quality content, so they probably just made a mistake.
In response to Enigmaster2002
hi friends i really need exact details to get rid of this worm or blaster!

i am posting this quick as posible!
please tell me a way to get rid of it please
In response to Deam112
Deam112 wrote:
hi friends i really need exact details to get rid of this worm or blaster!

i am posting this quick as posible!
please tell me a way to get rid of it please

If it is the "sasser" worm...this is directly off of the website I suggest you copy and paste this as soon as you load this to notepad, then save the notepad, and read after the annoying shutdown :\.

Disconnect the computer from the network/Internet connection. (Disconnect the cable if necessary.)
Restart the computer.
As soon as Windows opens and you see the Windows desktop, click Start > Run.
Type:

cmd

and press Enter.

Type:

shutdown -i

and press Enter.

In the Remote Shutdown Dialog that opens, change 20 seconds to:

and click OK.

This gives you about three hours to get the patch installed, update the definitions, and so on.

Then the fixes are here; http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/ w32.sasser.removal.tool.html
In response to Wanabe
thanks the window shutting down is gone!

i got another problem. some warning poping out and disconnecting my internet conection. this is annoying and is there any thing to fix that?

also i get warning and pop up with some dirty site when i am not even on internet.

help me please
In response to Deam112
Deam112 wrote:

i got another problem. some warning poping out and disconnecting my internet conection. this is annoying and is there any thing to fix that?

also i get warning and pop up with some dirty site when i am not even on internet.

help me please

Download adaware, search for it at google.com.
In response to Wanabe
Wanabe wrote:
Deam112 wrote:

help me please

Download adaware, search for it at google.com.

DOWNLOAD.COM!!!! ANYONE EVER HEARD OF IT?!?!?! HTTP://DOWNLOAD.COM
In response to SSJ4_Gohan_Majin
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:

Why yes I have. Why must you post in caps?
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet but it sound like you got the the Sassier worm or blaster.

First things first, put on the xp firewall or install a software firewall or you can also buy and set up a router.
any of the above will stop you from getting infected again.

Now go download and run McAfee AVERT Stinger. http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ that can remove both the Sassier worm and blaster.

It also sounds like you may got some spy-ware on your system. download and install the new spy-bot S&D 1.3 from http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download .

if you got any more problems you can post a replay here or contact me by email: [email protected].

If nothing else has worked, try asking the people at Merijn. Check out the forum. They've helped me get out of a few similar problems.
In response to Wanabe
Wanabe wrote:
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:

Why yes I have. Why must you post in caps?

Because there is NO reason to search for google looking for sites and scams and stuff when you can download from Here
Because there is NO reason to search for google looking for sites and scams and stuff when you can download from Here

Hmm, I searched google for Ad-Aware and those all seem to be legitament websites.
Why download potentially out-of-date versions from a third-party site when you can go straight to the source? Download.com has always been slow for me, anyway. Why are you championing it so much? Do you have stakes in them or something? =P
In response to Shun Di
thanks alot guys! i downloaded popup killer and its running and killing pop up! is there a way to get rid of spyware? i want free spykiller programme :P

thank you
In response to Deam112
Another thing which I don't think anybody mentioned is the Internet Connection Firewall. If you right click on your broadband connection, go to properties, go to the Advanced tab, and checkmark the box that says something like "protect my computer or network by limiting or preventing access from the internet", this takes the teeth out of 99% of the bad things programs can do to your Windows XP computer.

If that stupid box was checked by default, it wouldn't matter (much) who has or doesn't have the critical security updates, blaster and sasser never would've got anywhere. :P It can actually prevent the shutdowns even after you're infected.

[EDIT]

And if you've got the shutdowns or your computer is running very slow while online, you should also hit control-alt-delete, go to the processes tab, and find a process called "avserve*.exe"... and then end that process. That's the program run by the sasser worm. It'll come right back up the next time you reboot, but ending it makes your computer run better in the mean time, which makes it easier to get online and get help.
Page: 1 2