ID:172576

Is there any HTML tag or built-in DM instruction to turn off the <font face> tag? </font> seems to turn off everything but.

[Edit: I'm not trying to disable HTML input or anything here, I'm a stickler for perfection, I want to use it in a manner as follows:

world << "<b><font color=red>[src]</font><b><font color=red> has booted [M]</font><b><font color=red>!"]
Just </font> should work, what's the problem?

And you could nest your HTML tags a little better. =)
world << "<font color=red>[src] has booted [M]!</font>"
In response to Crispy
I tried the </font> tag, and I figured it would work, but in a "field test", it disabled everything but the font face. If src's font was set to <font face="comic sans ms">, the entire string takes the format of that font, regardless of the </font> tag.

My aim is to let the players keep their specified colors and whatnot, but keep the text in between and after the names the default font and specified color.
In response to Enigmaster2002
Well, that must be a bug then. =/
Enigmaster2002 wrote:
I tried the </font> tag, and I figured it would work, but in a "field test", it disabled everything but the font face. If src's font was set to <font face="comic sans ms">, the entire string takes the format of that font, regardless of the </font> tag.

I don't think you're right on that. Likely your HTML was messed up.

Lummox JR
Well, if you have the thing defaulted to Comic Sans MS, isn't </font> simply reverting it back to that?
HTML works like this.
(3 (2 (1) 2) 3)

Besides, </font> only disables the most recent font change. If you change font face, font color, and then font size in that order, you'll need three </font> tags. The first one would stop the size, the second would stop the color, and the third should finally stop the style.