ID:153538

For inns, Im planning on haveing different payment options for different levels of service.

Such as:

for the lowest price you could recover 1/4 of your status

for the medium price you could recover 1/2 of your status
and
for the highest price you could recover all of your status

prices being determined by the sum of the differences in your maxhp and current hp, and your maxsp and current sp.

What are your thoughts on this subject?
That's all good and fine, but I'm trying to figure out what the point is. Are you wanting help with designing this system, or did you just feel like telling us?
In response to Loduwijk
"Philosophy". =P
In response to Loduwijk
I meant to ask if it was a good idea or not :P
In response to Vermolius
It is a decent idea, not as good as the other two though. Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord (I'm not sure about the other Wizardry games.) had varying levels of rooms that you could pay for, ranging from the stable, which was free, that did not restore any health (It was still useful, since you had to rest to gain a new level.) to the royal suite which restored a lot of health.

Again, this is a decent idea, but not as important as the inventory capacity and hunger.
Maybe you should look at it from a different angle. You could just have a set rate for a room at an Inn, and the player could just go to his/her room and sleep. The longer he/she sleeps, the more stats he/she can recover. You could just make an idle screen for the player to decide when to wake up. And based on how damaged they are from battle, they could sleep a few seconds, or even a few minutes...Just don't be too outrageous, people might not want to wait an hour just to recover all their health. ;-)
In response to Sardus11
I was also thinking about players needing sleep in general...

because you can't really stay up 3 weeks and still fight like you would right after a good rest.
In response to Vermolius
You could make a temporary boost to your stats when you stay at an inn. You could also drop the stats two levels when you go too long without sleep, then another two levels more if you go WAY too long without sleep.
In response to DarkView
Your looking at ait all wrong. Maybe staying in an inn gives you a pass depending on the level of your stay. This pass (which can have a key that unlocks your room) gives access to various featuures in the hotel like a health spa (and its various healing features) and restaurant. You could even have it so that you can run bills on the pass if you use services you aren't registered for which you must pay for before you leave. (maybe a $500 collateral and you can't go above $500 in credit)
As far as i'm concerned, the Legend of the Red Dragon Inn is the archtype of all inns. I miss Violet. Sigh...

You could rend a room. bribe the Inkeeper to attacke other player who were logged off (as long as they were not too much below you). Flirt with Violet for bonus exp and charm, Hear seth able sing (A once a day thing) for random bonuses), chat with the locals (a message board) ect

And LORD was the mother of all Multiplayer RPG games

For those of you who donk know, it was a multi player game run on BBSs way back before the internet, and is still loads of fun today
In response to The_Cusp
The_Cusp wrote:
As far as i'm concerned, the Legend of the Red Dragon Inn is the archtype of all inns. I miss Violet. Sigh...

And LORD was the mother of all Multiplayer RPG games

For those of you who donk know, it was a multi player game run on BBSs way back before the internet, and is still loads of fun today

I preferred SoC (Swords of Chaos), though LORD was quite good as well.
In response to Flick
I preferred SoC (Swords of Chaos), though LORD was quite good as well.

They need to synergise and produce the almighty Sock Lord.