ID:189310

Please vote! I heard Gughunter's Spacetug music (sonata.mid) today, and I just feel like making this poll...

Gughunter, please bring Spacetug back! Or at least make it player-hostable! Please!
Gughunter will bring it back when he's ready to bring it back and thinks that it's ready to be brought back.
I agree bring back space tug. It was one of the first few games i ever played on byond and it was one of the three that got me to stay on byond.
PBYOND wrote:
Please vote! I heard Gughunter's Spacetug music (sonata.mid) today, and I just feel like making this poll...

Gughunter, please bring Spacetug back! Or at least make it player-hostable! Please!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am working on a new version, called Monstoro (some of the libraries are already on BYONDscape), and it will be hostable. The Moonlight Sonata will probably be replaced by a composition of my own, which is already partly finished -- though of course I'll keep Gazoot's suspenseful music for those moments when the Critter gives you that "not-so-fresh feeling."
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
PBYOND wrote:

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am working on a new version, called Monstoro (some of the libraries are already on BYONDscape), and it will be hostable. The Moonlight Sonata will probably be replaced by a composition of my own, which is already partly finished -- though of course I'll keep Gazoot's suspenseful music for those moments when the Critter gives you that "not-so-fresh feeling."

Monstero? Is that a spaceship futuristic critter thingy game like Space Tug was? Eep, I hope so!

Since... I don't get it...

I've seen tons of games close, I was a GM on Gunbuddy13's Monster World 2, and it closed a few days after I just was GM, but... I didn't seem to care at all. But when SpaceTug closed, I cared extremely. I'm almost crying its gone. And that isn't a joke of some kind.

And..... When I hear SONATA.MID I think about SpaceTug. o.o
Quit it! Stupid music!
In response to PBYOND
Monstero? Is that a spaceship futuristic critter thingy game like Space Tug was? Eep, I hope so!

Yes. It's just a new version and new name for Space Tug (Monstoro is the name of the spaceship).

I've seen tons of games close, I was a GM on Gunbuddy13's Monster World 2, and it closed a few days after I just was GM, but... I didn't seem to care at all. But when SpaceTug closed, I cared extremely. I'm almost crying its gone. And that isn't a joke of some kind.

Just stick around, then... it'll be back eventually!
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:

Yes. It's just a new version and new name for Space Tug (Monstoro is the name of the spaceship).

Just stick around, then... it'll be back eventually!

Wheres a stick to go around with?
In fact, how do I go around with a stick?

I'm confused? :S
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:

And, for those who have a passing interest on Alien trivia, the word "Monstoro" is a clever play on the original ship from Alien, the Nostromo.
In response to Spuzzum
Bah, now you all reminded me about the game I've asked Guy in the past to keep working on. Now I have to sit here and wish it was on the hub -_- Hmm... I'll just go download the midi =) Hope to see it soon Guy!
In response to Gughunter
I'm hoping to see you throw in a critter darkness function so they can blend in with surroundings a bit to surprise characters, like at the end of Alien when the drone was hiding in between the wall section on the escape pod, that would be a lot cooler to bust out on unsuspecting players trying to sneak out with self destruct going. Or maybe even make a revamp which pits out soldiers against a few drones, I wouldn't mind being able to use the good ole' pulse rifle in all it's 10mm HE glory.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Kusanagi
Kusanagi wrote:
I'm hoping to see you throw in a critter darkness function so they can blend in with surroundings a bit to surprise characters, like at the end of Alien when the drone was hiding in between the wall section on the escape pod, that would be a lot cooler to bust out on unsuspecting players trying to sneak out with self destruct going.

I've actually given that some thought -- letting the Critter hide in certain turf types. (He'd probably suffer a brief delay in popping out, to make things at least slightly fair.) I definitely don't want the shuttle to be everyone's default goal in the new version. Thanks for the suggestion!
In response to Gughunter
As long as you're mixing up player goals, I think it'd be nice if you'd mix sections of the ship to build it a little differently each time--then give some navigation aids.

One of the things that bugged me when I played it was that I didn't know my way around the ship, whereas everyone else did. Pursuing a more modular design with randomization should alleviate that a bit. (You could always specify that certain modules have to go in a certain horizontal or vertical position, and build the algorithm around that to choose the rest.)

Also, realistically almost any ship is going to have pressure doors for decompression, that will react to the change and close. Idiots blowing the airlocks should only end up killing themselves and maybe a few others; anyone in the center of the ship should have more than enough time for the doors to close.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lol, people opening the air locks always pissed me off when I was in range for it. I atleast warned players when doing it. If I remember right, a critter can't buckle himself in a chair. As for the critter hiding, when I was the critter, I would hide on the shuttle behind that center north wall where its not visible to playes sitting in the chair north 2 tiles of the door, and when they blasted off... I would go shake there hand =)
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
As long as you're mixing up player goals, I think it'd be nice if you'd mix sections of the ship to build it a little differently each time--then give some navigation aids.

I'm going to do a little of this. And there will be a ship map accessible from the terminals.

Also, realistically almost any ship is going to have pressure doors for decompression, that will react to the change and close. Idiots blowing the airlocks should only end up killing themselves and maybe a few others; anyone in the center of the ship should have more than enough time for the doors to close.

Good idea!
In response to Gughunter
(I know I'm probably mixing in ideas from Spoace Station 13 in here but...)

What about as an extension to Lummox's idea there would be a captain class and he gets a keycard which must be used to launch the shuttle. The captain's card could authorize/de-authorize a lockdown of the pressurized doors. 2 other authorization from a non-captain can also authorize/de-authroize.

Wait even better if you are not the captain your card can still be used BUT you need 2 other authorizations.

Leaving the monster alone on the ship with the players lasted off should make the monster win. Also the players win when the creature is killed however.

AND PLEASE remove the flamethrower from the lounge. It was like asking for lamers :/ More items would be nice =]
In response to Exadv1
What about as an extension to Lummox's idea there would be a captain class and he gets a keycard which must be used to launch the shuttle. The captain's card could authorize/de-authorize a lockdown of the pressurized doors. 2 other authorization from a non-captain can also authorize/de-authroize.

I'll probably do something along these lines. Also, one of the players may be a Company robot who works to protect the Critter!

Leaving the monster alone on the ship with the players lasted off should make the monster win. Also the players win when the creature is killed however.

Yep, that's how SpaceTug was supposed to work.

AND PLEASE remove the flamethrower from the lounge. It was like asking for lamers :/ More items would be nice =]

Good idea!
In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:

Better still, just don't start everyone in the lounge. New players should preferably appear in parts of the ship no one else is using, or far from the monster, or away from anyone who's toasted another player.

You could expand on that keycard idea to add in some penalties for players who go around PKing: Make their cards initiate a short delay (like 1 second per friendly kill) before opening any doors, with longer delays for activating critical ship functions like the airlock. And they have to stand in place while the delay runs, or else their action is canceled.

Lummox JR
In response to Gughunter
We still need pulse rifles, smartguns, and shotguns in a Space Tug sequel, you miss you blow through the ship and everybody dies, mwahahahahaha.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Lummox JR
Since it'll be downloadable and hostable, I imagine the best solution will be simply to have controls for the host to ban troublemakers. I should add a "deathmatch" mode, though, so people can host PvP games if they want!
In response to Gughunter
With pulse rifles, alright! Sorry, just was tempted to put words in your mouth.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
Page: 1 2