ID:189540

-POTENTIAL POTTER-

With all this Harry hype coming up for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, you may recall that for the American audience, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was renamed Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone because it was thought that Americans might not understand what a philosopher was (chuckle). Well, it's happened again -- the fifth book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be renamed for the American audience so that they can understand the title:

BEHOLD!
Funny stuff
Harry Potter sucks.
Is that from Saturday Night Live, or MadTV or something?
In response to Sariat
A question I usually end up asking when someone says something sucks... have you read any of the books? If not, you have no right to an opinion in the matter so :p
In response to Blueseed15
I don't read trash, I throw it in my nieghbors yard.
In response to Sariat
If you haven't read it then reread my previous post.
That's some good graphic work!
In response to Blueseed15
I read 3 of them, and hated them all. I thought the first one was bad, then I said maybe the next one will be ok, read it, terrible, same thing for the third, read it, terrible. I want those few hours of my life I spent reading those books back.

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Harry Potter sucks.

Yup it does indeed!
Hilarious! I can just see that happening. =P

As for everyone who responded saying "Harry Potter sucks"; well, you're entitled to your opinion, even if your opinion is wrong. ;-)
In response to Kusanagi
I read half the first book and stopped, I couldn't stand it any longer.
In response to Crispy
Agreed, Crispy!

Crispy approves!

of Harry Potter
In response to Dragon of Ice
Dragon of Ice wrote:
Agreed, Crispy!

Crispy approves!

of Harry Potter

Its all the media hype, i bet half of you wouldnt like Lord of the Rings the book, probably because they are too long, the movie i would say is better because it looks better and all those things to do with movies, but if you dont like Harry Potter, its not our fault, it only appeals to some readers. I like the book, and thats my opinion. Also i think that the movies really arent that good either, compared to the books.
In response to Mrhat99au
I finished the trilogy/the hobbit about a month before the movies came out...they were good books, but a little hard to read and a bit confusing. I don't read the books because of the media hype, I was told by a friend that their good, so I read it and was hooked!
In response to Mrhat99au
Mrhat99au wrote:
Dragon of Ice wrote:
Agreed, Crispy!

Crispy approves!

of Harry Potter

Its all the media hype, i bet half of you wouldnt like Lord of the Rings the book, probably because they are too long, the movie i would say is better because it looks better and all those things to do with movies, but if you dont like Harry Potter, its not our fault, it only appeals to some readers. I like the book, and thats my opinion. Also i think that the movies really arent that good either, compared to the books.

WHAT!?! How can the movie be better when the movie was based off the book! Without the book there is no movie. and still, they left a few things out in the movie, so the book is better!
In response to Jotdaniel
I respect your opinions because you at least tried to read the books... I don't respect the opinions of people who look at the cover and say it sucks or just hear from a friend that it sucks and just thinks the same without attempting to read them or anything else similar...
In response to Mrhat99au
Mrhat99au wrote:

I have no idea what point this rambling, incoherent paragraph is supposed to mean, so I'll just assume that it supports my own opinion, which is that the Harry Potter series is overrated. Which is not to say that there's anything wrong with it, but being one of the very most popular series of books ever written, you might expect something more out of it--within the context of books aimed at a younger crowd, sure, it's head and shoulders above the competition (several times over, in most cases), but otherwise it's nothing spectacular.
In response to Leftley
His incoherent paragraph meant that most good book series are overhyped, some people just don't like reading novels, and that they would find a movie much more enjoyable.
In response to Jermman
Jermman wrote:
Mrhat99au wrote:
Dragon of Ice wrote:
Agreed, Crispy!

Crispy approves!

of Harry Potter

WHAT!?! How can the movie be better when the movie was based off the book! Without the book there is no movie. and still, they left a few things out in the movie, so the book is better!

Because you can see the graphics and special effects and it's so cool.
Page: 1 2