ID:153656

Well, I am currently starting a new project, and to tell you all the truth, I have the motivation to go through with this project.

I will this time create a game that people may or may-not like.

The only thing is though, I am going to make it a non-combatant based game.

All I need are your opinions on the fact that this game will be a non-combatant based project. I just want to know who likes games with player violence and who opposes player violence.

I will take all votes, and sum it up at the end. -- If the people who like combat overthrows the vote for non-violence, then I will make a player combatant version after I have created the non-violent style first.

[EDIT]
Note:

This is to everyone, the version that will include player violence will be based on an RPGish style, including both the Adventure and Strategical styles from the main version.

But, the RPGish styled version of the game which would be the one containing violence will not be created if the non-violent votes percedes that of the people who vote for the violence.
[/EDIT]

--Lee
Personally, I like combat in a controlled role-playing environment.
It adds some flair to the game, but it must be controlled.
In response to Dragon of Ice
Dragon of Ice wrote:
Personally, I like combat in a controlled role-playing environment.
It adds some flair to the game, but it must be controlled.

To be honest with you, the game wont be based or set out as an RPG.

It will be an Adventure / Strategical game.

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
In that case, don't add combat.
In response to Dragon of Ice
Dragon of Ice wrote:
In that case, don't add combat.

This is what brought me here though.

Some people like combat, no matter what the style. I for one don't mind what is in a game so long as it is enjoyable.

So, your vote counts as againts player violence.

I can't really add a vote, although if I could, I would go against, but then again, I want a community opinionated vote on this, as to which is why this thread is here.

--Lee
Well from what you told me over the pager, if the violent game is going to include strategy and adventure, put me down for violence :) Also if you need any testers, you know where to find me.

Stealth2k
In response to Stealth 2k
Okidokies.
I vote for whichever one YOU like better.
Since I've hardly met anybody in this community that doesn't prefer violence, whats the point?
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Since I've hardly met anybody in this community that doesn't prefer violence, whats the point?

People prefere violence, thats not to say that they hate everything non-violent (Although I'll admit a lot do).
Anyway, maybe a non-violent game would bring in a non-violent crowd. I most players here love DBZ, that doesnt mean that their isnt a market for non-DBZ games.

Mellifluous wrote:
I have the motivation to go through with this project.

You'll lose that if you make something the way everyone else wants it to be, since it wont be the same project.
So like Gughunter wrote, make whichever one YOU like better.
In response to Gughunter
Gughunter wrote:
I vote for whichever one YOU like better.

Well, I like both, the only reason I am doing a non-violent version first-off, is because there are next to no graphical, adventure/strategy based games containing no violence.

If at all, there are non.

So I think I will sod the violent version off for now, and more than likely skip it completely.

That way I will have less to think about while programming this one.

--Lee
I like both, however violant RPGs on byond have SERIOUSLY been overdone. If you're creating a violent RPG-style game you'll need to have a completely new way of playing it, or something else fairly inovative(BYONDways anyways).
In response to Jon88
Aetolia has a great attack system, comprising of hundreds of verbs over every weapon and skill. You not only get 'kick', 'punch' and 'slash', but 'hack', 'jab' and 'stab' as well. Also, there is a targetting system so that you can cleanly remove someones leg if you are accurate enough.

Check it out at http://aetolia.com/
In response to Hazman
So, that means I can be a doctor? I'll amputate your arm for free!!!
In response to Hazman
When someone says,

"If you're going to make a violent-RPG, you need to think of a new way of doing it",

that doesn't really translate to,

"If you're going to make a violent-RPG, you need to add more features to the combat system".
In response to Foomer
Ooh, ooh! But mine's in space! ;-P
In response to Spuzzum
Mines (ours...) in a dungeon! now that my friend is the pinnicle of originality.
In response to Maz
Wasnt there another game made ages ago set in a dungeon? What was its name, castle of the somethings? =P
In response to DarkView
I can't seem to remember either :P. But I believe it was also set in a fortress.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Wasnt there another game made ages ago set in a dungeon? What was its name, castle of the somethings? =P

Castle of the Winds?