ID:136127

If anyone here uses Miranda (An ICQ client) then they may of used a cool way to send, instead of pressing enter like MSN or alt+s like AIM/ICQ. You can set it to check if you have pressed enter twice. If you have it undo's twice and sends your message. I think this would be a great feature for the new stand alone pager system :D
Maz wrote:
If anyone here uses Miranda (An ICQ client) then they may of used a cool way to send, instead of pressing enter like MSN or alt+s like AIM/ICQ. You can set it to check if you have pressed enter twice. If you have it undo's twice and sends your message. I think this would be a great feature for the new stand alone pager system :D

But I usually use a double-space in messages.

Like this one, for example.
In response to Spuzzum
Yeah. Replacing the windows key with a new newline key would be so much better.
In response to Spuzzum
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that you have to press it pretty fast, thats all. If you wait about half a second between pressing it then it would just make a gap.
In response to Maz
Yeah but I usually type pretty fast when I do a double return. What you could make it do is send when you hold down enter, although that still has problems.
In response to DarkView
Why not just make it so you press say... ctrl enter?
In response to Scoobert
I don't know if you could or not, but I say shift+enter would be best.
In response to Garthor
That's so true... I think the windows key is only put there to screw you over while in something full screen.
In response to Kunark
Why not ctrl+M? When I press it,
I
get
another
line.
In response to Kunark
Shift+Enter seems to be the most common on chat programs. That or Enter sends a message, and shift+enter makes a new line. Shift-enter for a new line seems best to me, since they will most likily end up short messages.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Shift+Enter seems to be the most common on chat programs. That or Enter sends a message, and shift+enter makes a new line. Shift-enter for a new line seems best to me, since they will most likily end up short messages.

My most used way of enter using another command would be; Tab, then Return.

I use Tab the Return using MSN, AIM, YIM, ICQ and many other things too, including when posting on the Forum.

I don't use it within the BYOND DreamSeeker though.

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Its funny, thats probably the most logical way to go about it, but I dont think Ive ever met anyone who does that.
In response to DarkView
DarkView wrote:
Its funny, thats probably the most logical way to go about it, but I dont think Ive ever met anyone who does that.

Hehehe, well now you have so >:P

--Lee