ID:190106

Since we are on the subject of nuclear weapons:

Consequences of using modern nuclear weapons can be far more serious than previously imagined. The military seem to ignore the fact that a neutron radiation is capable to reach significant depths in the planetary interior.

In the process of passing through the planet and losing its intensity, a neutron beam stimulates nuclei of radioactive isotopes naturally present inside the planet to disintegrate. This disintegration in turn, generates more neutron and other radiation. The entire process causes increased nuclear heat generation in the planetary interior, far greater than the initial energy of the bomb.

I urge you all to read the short but informative article at http://sci-e-research.com/neutron_bomb.html and forward it to people who has a chance to understand.

/Gazoot
That my friend, Sucks!
Its a joke man, its just a gimmick to sell a book about freedom of choice. Im surprised you fell so easily for it.

Appearance isnt everything, and obviously you went purely for appearance. There is no significant proof that Neutron bombs can do such things. And if it is a legit webpage and research. Then the human race, like always will have to learn through mistakes.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
Its a joke man, its just a gimmick to sell a book about freedom of choice. Im surprised you fell so easily for it.

I figured it was a promotion for the movie, The Core. :P I don't put much stock in any scientific paper that ends with "the whole planet may explode!"
In response to Hedgemistress
Hedgemistress wrote:
I figured it was a promotion for the movie, The Core. :P I don't put much stock in any scientific paper that ends with "the whole planet may explode!"

How do you know it won't under certain circumstances?
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:

How do you know?
In response to Gazoot
Yeah, get off Gazoot's case. He's just trying to informed us "real" people.
That's an example of a scientist exaggerating the proportions of something.

The largest weapon on the face of the Earth can destroy a chunk of the planet approximately equal to 1/8 of the entire Earth's mass. At that scale, we certainly wouldn't have to care about neutron radiation permeating the crust, as the Earth would already have been deflated like a balloon and scattered in a few million pieces around the inner solar system.

Now, the normal scale for modern nuclear devices -- the tactical nuclear warhead -- creates an explosion approximately the size of the average city block, with a shockwave reaching out several kilometres in any direction. Compare the size of the average city block with the size of the Earth, and you'll quickly understand that the most a neutron warhead will ever cause is a jump from a 4.0 'quake to a 4.1 'quake. It's highly unlikely that neutron weapons would ever be used on larger scales.
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
That's an example of a scientist exaggerating the proportions of something.

Compare the size of the average city block with the size of the Earth, and you'll quickly understand that the most a neutron warhead will ever cause is a jump from a 4.0 'quake to a 4.1 'quake. It's highly unlikely that neutron weapons would ever be used on larger scales.

It's not about earthquakes from direct damage. Please read the article again.

/Gazoot