ID:190227

(from a man who doesnt like Everquest and many usual online games due to the way they are made.. I just got EQ:OA and my bro is gonna check it out. Ill give honest unbiased feedback on the game.

please be patient and dont reply until im finished
I hate everquest...
In response to Koolguy900095
The PS2 version is beyond awesome. No bugs, and lots of lagless servers. It is the funnest game I have at home. If you hate Everquest, it is because the PC version had so many bugs and upgrades.
In response to Bischoff
does the ps2 internet cost something monthly i need to get it :)
I bet its at least 10 buck(PC version is 10 bucks a month)
In response to Scoobert
no i mean for the ps2 online not for the game
Oh, PS2 online is free.
In response to Scoobert
Yea, but the modem is like $60-$100, It ranges. I use broadband on mine though.
In response to Bischoff
You can only get a broudband for the PS2, you might be able to get a converter, but you cant buy one premade 56k.
In response to Scoobert
Thats what confuses me. I used my dial up for PS2 a few weeks ago before I had cable. I didn't think that would be considered broadband. One downfall about PS2 online is no chatting in games, and there isn't much use of the keyboard. The only time I found a chat was in Madden 2003 where you could chat before launching game. Thats really a shame.
In response to Bischoff
Online games aren't chatrooms, the only time an online game should have use for talking is when its a team based game or a roleplaying game.(If you noticed, the use for most chat verbs in BYOND games only fill the window with useless speech which floods the screen, people are so lucky to have creators to make communication happen in their game, then again, you would probably have few players playing your game if they could not communicate.)

<<>>Kusanagi<<>>
DOn't have a PS2 I have a Xbox. I saw the Graphics for that EVerquest game and I think they were horrible. Must be to much Dead or Alive 3 with their awesome graphics.
In response to Kusanagi
ALRIGHT.. ignorant, impatient children.

Yes, Everquest on the PC sucks. the upgrades might have made it good.. but i wont play them anymore...

However.. The PS2 Version is by far superior.. its still a basic hacknslash level gain BUT the bonuses about it are.

NO LAG

NO LOADING

NO SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

FASTER ACTION

QUCIKER COMBAT

REVISED COMBAT AND SKILL SYSTEM

BETTER GRAPHICS

overall this game is good, those biased towards it who wont give it a shot.. join the KKK because thats exactly what they do.
In response to Codesterz
not everything is graphics. the graphics are fine though.

Ive had the Xbox for a while, traded it in for PS2.

WILL get Xbox in the future because its a good system and has nice games.

but im not biased to game systems they all get their time in the spotlight
Dareb wrote:
please be patient and dont reply until im finished

Don't post if you don't want people to reply.
In response to Dareb
Have you ever heard the term "People don't like being called children, when they aren't children"?...
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
However.. The PS2 Version is by far superior.. its still a basic hacknslash level gain BUT the bonuses about it are.

Doesn't answer my questions, as an Everquest player. I went looking for the game yesterday, but no games stores in Denmark have it yet(drat...).

Do I need to subscribe to a monthly account?

How's the quest system in this. Does it mirror that of Everquest?

Are there ring events like there are in Everquest? (Event's triggered by talking to someone, after which some amount of monsters spawn in waves of some amount of time, increasing in difficulty until a boss monster spawns)

Any armor/weapon decay? (cant find info on that anywhere, so I assume not)

Did armor dyeing make it into EQoA?

How big is the world compared to EQPC?(EQPC is over 170 zones now, over 200 with the new expansion LoY)

How are classes balanced in groups? Does the "Holy Trinity" still exist?(I heard Enchanters got junked from their old role of crowd control. But are warriors / clerics still a forced required element in any group?)

I heard you start with 5 spell slots. Can this be increased through items/quests like Sony said they would allow?

That's all fer now...
In response to OneFishDown
my request was simple

any who cannot follow simple directions are less than human.
In response to Dareb
Dareb wrote:
my request was simple

any who cannot follow simple directions are less than human.

I request that you send me $600 and a copy of Everquest: Online Adventures. If you don't follow that, does that make you less human?

This is a PUBLIC forum. People may post as they wish as long as their post(s) adhere to the Community Standards.

Because someone raises their hand and beckons you to pretty please not discuss something or post on a topic certainly doesn't stop them from doing it.
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
Dareb wrote:

Doesn't answer my questions, as an Everquest player. I went looking for the game yesterday, but no games stores in Denmark have it yet(drat...).

Do I need to subscribe to a monthly account?
Yes, it requires a subscription monthly but does not require credit card.. I buy time cards. If you have internet connection for your computer go out, spend $20 on a router and get 2/3/4 or like me 5 for the price of one.
How's the quest system in this. Does it mirror that of Everquest?

No.. The quests are completely different, this game is based only on the continent of Antonica (but its not named antonica... The Erudites are preparing to head to Odus (the island) Freeport has no paladin guild. All races are on this one continent..

The Continent is huge
Are there ring events like there are in Everquest? (Event's triggered by talking to someone, after which some amount of monsters spawn in waves of some amount of time, increasing in difficulty until a boss monster spawns)
No idea.
Any armor/weapon decay? (cant find info on that anywhere, so I assume not)
Yes, weapons and armor degrades.

Did armor dyeing make it into EQoA?
I dont know, just started
How big is the world compared to EQPC?(EQPC is over 170 zones now, over 200 with the new expansion LoY)
700 km overall

How are classes balanced in groups? Does the "Holy Trinity" still exist?(I heard Enchanters got junked from their old role of crowd control. But are warriors / clerics still a forced required element in any group?)

Im not a very big party person. This version is more solo friendly but has a few quests where grouping is an assett
I heard you start with 5 spell slots. Can this be increased through items/quests like Sony said they would allow?

would and will are synonymous in the sentence you gave so youve answered yourself.
That's all fer now...
Page: 1 2 3