ID:148622

this is the opening body parbody part for my title screen. When i open it up in IE it works fine the picture shows up in the back and everything. Now.. if I open it in byond the background stays white. Help please :P It won't show pictures either.

I think the popup windows can't display pictures. Am i correct because this could be my problem
Unowuero wrote:
<body scroll=no background = "back.bmp">

this is the opening body parbody part for my title screen. When i open it up in IE it works fine the picture shows up in the back and everything. Now.. if I open it in byond the background stays white. Help please :P

Well, you have two problems.

First, you're using a .bmp as a Web graphic. Don't. Not even in BYOND, even though BYOND only uses IE internally and it's safe. Just get right out of the habit now. Use .png or .gif or .jpg only.

Second, you need to use browse_rsc() to send graphics to the client before the mini-browser can see them.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Problem is i don't know how to use browser_rsc

this is what i had

usr << browse_rsc(background,"back.bmp")

it says background is a undefinded variable. Since when does my picture need a variable?
I display the picture through HTML not byond. How do i send the Pic to the rsc file??
In response to Unowuero
Unowuero wrote:
Problem is i don't know how to use browser_rsc

this is what i had

usr << browse_rsc(background,"back.bmp")

it says background is a undefinded variable. Since when does my picture need a variable?

It doesn't. You're using this wrong.

I display the picture through HTML not byond.

It displays through the IE mini-browser which is being run from within Dream Seeker. Therefore BYOND is responsible for sending the files over.

How do i send the Pic to the rsc file??

By using browse_rsc(), naturally.

I'll offer you more help after you abandon the use of a .bmp as your background image. Until then I can't in good conscience say more.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I converted the file so you don't bug my about bmps any more :P Its small its quick .... It's a JPG! So how do i send this nice jpg to the browser resource? browse_rsc() wouldn't work alone would it? It needs to know what to send but i don't know how to tel it :(
In response to Unowuero
Unowuero wrote:
I converted the file so you don't bug my about bmps any more :P Its small its quick .... It's a JPG! So how do i send this nice jpg to the browser resource? browse_rsc() wouldn't work alone would it? It needs to know what to send but i don't know how to tel it :(

Assuming you're sending browse() to src, you'd do something like this:
src << browse_rsc('back.jpg')

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
It worked thanks for all the help. Sorry for the time i've taken :P