ID:148750

I want to change the mouse pointer to an hourglass while a particular proc is running, no matter where the user moves the mouse. Per the DM help, I created a mouse.dmi file with icon_state "all" as the hourglass, and used the following code in the beginning of the time-consuming proc:

if(usr:client && !usr:auto)
usr:client.mouse_pointer_icon = 'mouse.dmi' // hourglass

This compiled fine, but did absolutely nothing when I ran the proc. I also tried "mouse.dmi", which compiled but did nothing. Any suggestions?

Did you try a clean compile? I sometimes have similar problems after updating icons.
In response to Gakumerasara
I just doublechecked it with a clean compile, and still no hourglass pointer...

Gakumerasara wrote:
Did you try a clean compile? I sometimes have similar problems after updating icons.
In response to Dramstud
Dramstud wrote:
I just doublechecked it with a clean compile, and still no hourglass pointer...

I bet I know what the problem is. The current implementation only updates the pointers when you move the mouse around. Try wiggling it a bit after you change the var-- that did the trick in my simple test case. If that's not the problem, perhaps you can forward me a demo.

BTW, I consider this to be a bug, and I'll try to fix it for the next release. Remind me if I forget (too busy with other stuff right now).