In response to Alathon
Bah, nevermind. It's pretty nifty, but not nifty enough for my needs. :P

mob/verb/Test()
var/T = "Hello, there!"
for(var/a = 1, a < length(T), a++)
src << "<html>[copytext(T, a, a+1)]"
sleep(3)
src << "[copytext(T, length(T), length(T)+1)]"

Try this and you'll see why. It seems to like to add a space after each line for some reason or the other. Is there any way to prevent this? :)
In response to Malver
Malver wrote:
Try this and you'll see why. It seems to like to add a space after each line for some reason or the other. Is there any way to prevent this? :)

Nope. Gazoot's workaround is essentially tricking DS into replacing newline chars with spaces, so when the line ends without the \... macro, it puts in the \n and that's changed to a space.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
This is my lucky day. Just found out that by adding \c at the end of every line, the space will be removed.
mob/Login()
var/T = "Hello, there!"
for(var/a = 1, a < length(T), a++)
src << "<html>[copytext(T, a, a+1)]\c"
sleep(3)
src << "[copytext(T, length(T), length(T)+1)]"

I need more problems to solve! Quick before I lose this ability. World peace, environment problems, give them to me!!!

/Gazoot
In response to Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
I need more problems to solve! Quick before I lose this ability. World peace, environment problems, give them to me!!!

Bah, that's easy. The only way to achieve world peace and solve environmental problems happens to be the catch-all solution: Raze all life from the planet's surface so it becomes a big rock. Very peaceful, and no environment to have problems with.

Lummox JR
In response to Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
This is my lucky day. Just found out that by adding \c at the end of every line, the space will be removed.
> mob/Login()
> var/T = "Hello, there!"
> for(var/a = 1, a < length(T), a++)
> src << "<html>[copytext(T, a, a+1)]\c"
> sleep(3)
> src << "[copytext(T, length(T), length(T)+1)]"
>

/Gazoot

I swear, if you astonish and amaze me one more time I'll punch you in the nose. :P

Heh, thanks again, Gazoot.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Bah, that's easy. The only way to achieve world peace and solve environmental problems happens to be the catch-all solution: Raze all life from the planet's surface so it becomes a big rock. Very peaceful, and no environment to have problems with.
mob/verb/Raze()
for(var/A in world)
del(A)

You're right, that was easy.
In response to Malver
Malver wrote:
Heh, thanks again, Gazoot.

No problem! I noticed that after a couple of characters, the text line drops down a couple of pixels. Is it the same with your system? I wonder why that's happening.
In response to Gazoot
Gazoot wrote:
No problem! I noticed that after a couple of characters, the text line drops down a couple of pixels. Is it the same with your system? I wonder why that's happening.

Nope, I didn't have any problemswith it. I think it's just you. :P
Page: 1 2