Client inactivity does not kick you from anything, unless you have a proc that does so. All inactivity is, is a var that stores how long you havn't done anything in that game.

-Rcet
In response to Malver
Malver wrote:
Sariat wrote:
Malver, YOU CAN SET IT!!!! Inactivity just counts how long you havn't don anything!!!!!!

*gets out bat* Do you want me to explian again? With Reinactments?

*swings bat around*

-ST

Are you even following my question? :P

If I remain inactive in my game for a certain amount of time, it disconnects me from it.

All I want to know is how long is the default time until you are automatically kicked.

That is all.

There is no "default" time in which BYOND disconnects you.
Let me modify my original question:

How much time do you have to be inactive until you are kicked? Is this just Dream Daemon?
In response to Malver
Malver wrote:
Let me modify my original question:

How much time do you have to be inactive until you are kicked? Is this just Dream Daemon?

There is no inactive time limit.
In response to Darkness
Darkness wrote:
There is no inactive time limit.

If it isn't my code, and it isn't an inactive time limit, then what else can it be?
In response to Malver
I don't know if there is some secret time after which inactive telnet clients are kicked off. It's a rather new BYOND feature so some things are bound to not be documented.

It could be a setting on your telnet client though. That would explain why others might not be disconnected.
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
I don't know if there is some secret time after which inactive telnet clients are kicked off. It's a rather new BYOND feature so some things are bound to not be documented.

It could be a setting on your telnet client though. That would explain why others might not be disconnected.

Well, there are no "others", as I'm working on the game entirely offline (except when I host it privately to test it). I started noticing it when I'd play, then go back into DM to work on some code. I would return to find myself disconnected.

It may very well be BYOND's reaction to telnet clients, or my telnet client itself.

Thanks for your help.
In response to Malver
Malver wrote:
ACWraith wrote:

Well, there are no "others", as I'm working on the game entirely offline (except when I host it privately to test it). I started noticing it when I'd play, then go back into DM to work on some code. I would return to find myself disconnected.

It may very well be BYOND's reaction to telnet clients, or my telnet client itself.

Thanks for your help.

It does indeed kick you if you are inactive for too long while using telnet to connect to a world. This has been bugging me too, but not enough to time it and force them to execute a command every once in a while to prevent it.

Would be nice to know.
In response to Alathon
Alathon wrote:
It does indeed kick you if you are inactive for too long while using telnet to connect to a world. This has been bugging me too, but not enough to time it and force them to execute a command every once in a while to prevent it.

Would be nice to know.

Haha! I knew I wasn't crazy! ;)

<font color=black>*eye twitches*</font>

In response to Malver
Hmmm. Didn't know about that. I'm sorry about that. I never worked with telnet clients. In our errr debate I think I forgot about the point you said telnet client... My mistake. Didn't ever occur to me a telnet client would do that or that BYOND did that.
Page: 1 2