ID:148987

How many ticks of inactivity does the client var wait for before kicking the user? I didn't see it mentioned in the Reference.
Unlimited. You do the kicking.
In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:
Unlimited. You do the kicking.

Hm, maybe it's just if you connecting to a BYOND game with a telnet client. o.O

Because I get kicked after being inactive for a while.
In response to Malver
Or they might have actually put in code to autoboot after a while. s_admin does that for you if you want.
In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:
Or they might have actually put in code to autoboot after a while. s_admin does that for you if you want.

I'm not looking for that at all.

I just want to know after how many ticks does it do this? If you don't know, then you aren't helping me by posting. :P
In response to Malver
Lasat time I checked client inactivity didn't autoboot. If you want that to happen you have to program it yourself. But I'm not sure so I'll look it up.
[edit] The reference says nothing about suto booting [/edit]
In response to Malver
Malver, YOU CAN SET IT!!!! Inactivity just counts how long you havn't don anything!!!!!!

*gets out bat* Do you want me to explian again? With Reinactments?

*swings bat around*

-ST
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Malver, YOU CAN SET IT!!!! Inactivity just counts how long you havn't don anything!!!!!!

*gets out bat* Do you want me to explian again? With Reinactments?

*swings bat around*

-ST

Are you even following my question? :P

If I remain inactive in my game for a certain amount of time, it disconnects me from it.

All I want to know is how long is the default time until you are automatically kicked.

That is all.
In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:
Lasat time I checked client inactivity didn't autoboot.

Ditto. But I found out that it did first-hand.

If you want that to happen you have to program it yourself. But I'm not sure so I'll look it up.
[edit] The reference says nothing about suto booting [/edit]

As mentioned in my original post, I already scoured the Reference for info on this. :P
In response to Malver
Like we've been telling you... THERE IS NO DEFUALT!!!!!

YOU can only set it up!!

You are probably using S_ADMIN

*swings bat at Malvie*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DO YOU GET IT NOW?!?!?!?!

*sits down*
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Like we've been telling you... THERE IS NO DEFUALT!!!!!

YOU can only set it up!!

You are probably using S_ADMIN

I'm not using s_admin. I am using no libraries in my game. And yes, I made sure none were included. As a plus, I never even downloaded s_admin. :P

*swings bat at Malvie*

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DO YOU GET IT NOW?!?!?!?!

*sits down*

I get it...but you are the one who does not. :P
In response to Malver
Its not going to boot you!!!!!!!

You made it, so you are using NO OTHER CODE!!! SEARCH FOR "INCACTIVITY" IN YOUR CODE!!!! THERE IS NO DEFUALT!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Its not going to boot you!!!!!!!

You made it, so you are using NO OTHER CODE!!! SEARCH FOR "INCACTIVITY" IN YOUR CODE!!!! THERE IS NO DEFUALT!!!!

"Pattern not found" :P

And there obviously is a default, because I get kicked if I'm inactive for a certain amount of time.

Geez.
In response to Malver
It DOESNT auto-boot you!!! There IS NO DEFUALT.

THERE

IS

NO

DEFUALT

NONE

NADA

ZIP

ZERO

SORRY, BUT WE'RE OUT
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
It DOESNT auto-boot you!!! There IS NO DEFUALT.

THERE

IS

NO

DEFUALT

NONE

NADA

ZIP

ZERO

SORRY, BUT WE'RE OUT

Sariat.

The small remainder of respect I held for you was just flushed down the toilet amongst my ****. :P

I know very well that there is no inactivity code that kicks people in my program, as I have written it myself from scratch, and have checked it through.

I didn't think it did kick you if you were inactive either, until now.

Since you are declaring that it does not kick you, you obviously do not know what you are talking about.

So please, Sariat, butt out of this and let someone who can answer me give me a response, instead of cluttering up this thread.

Thanks.
In response to Malver
Exadv1 even said the same thing.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Exadv1 even said the same thing.

Two wrongs don't make a right. :P
In response to Malver
If that were true, whenever I host my games and go AFK for like 1 hour... why I am still there?

Its probably some outside proc.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
If that were true, whenever I host my games and go AFK for like 1 hour... why I am still there?

How on earth should I know? I went AFK from my program for a certain amount of time, and it disconnected me.

Its probably some outside proc.

No, it's not my code....for the final time.

I never wrote any inactivity-checking code. I actually searched and checked every time del() was called, as well as logout(), and any other proc that would disconnect the player.

My coding is not the source of the problem. And since you don't know what it is, will you please stop insulting my code that I wrote myself.
In response to Malver
I am not insulting your code that you wrote yourself.

Inactivity does NOT boot you unless you specify it too.
Page: 1 2