ID:154136

I am wondering if this should be added in the full version of the Evolution of Eternity...It is currently not in the Demo version and it will definitely not be in there either.

So I leave it up to you lot to decide whether or not Perma Death should be added in the full version.

--Lee

PS; This goes out to everyone but mainly the ones who have tested/played the game so far.
Yes. It would make it a rather better game. So it won't be kill kill kill. But give us newbies who don't log in as much a chance :P.

Have an arena for gambling fights.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Yes. It would make it a rather better game. So it won't be kill kill kill. But give us newbies who don't log in as much a chance :P.

Have an arena for gambling fights.

Ok, so give players say afew lives once they have all gone a new character will be needed to be created?

To make it better for players though I would have to optimise that and make it so that certain people can't kill the same guy/girl over and over right?

Would this be a good situation for everyone?

Also that gambling fight sounds like a nice idea, I will catch up on that one ^_^

--Lee
In response to Mellifluous
Ok, so give players say afew lives once they have all gone a new character will be needed to be created?

That's one of the nicest ideas I've seen thus far on the field of permadeath -- have little penalty to dying, but only a limited ability to die, so you have to be careful. You might want to search back for Lexy's views -- she was implementing a system where the player loses some sort of special attribute that bonds him/her to the physical world each time he/she dies. You could adopt a similar thing...

Another idea that might be worth considering is having a system where players can whack at each other as much as they want. Once they manage to bring the other person down to 0 HP, they're knocked unconscious.

They then need a special "deathblow" verb to finish off their unconscious body -- but actually killing someone has severe criminal and karma penalties. You can loot an unconscious person anyway, so there is no genuine need to kill someone unless they're a scourge of evil (or good).

If you ever plan on having an alignment system, this would be a useful complement -- an evil warrior might very well be encouraged to kill good warriors, and vice versa. But if an evil warrior kills an evil warrior, or a good warrior kills a good warrior, then they will suffer severe alignment penalties, possibly change in alignment, and get seriously wholloped by their deity.
Perma Death = Yay! :D
A few things to consider.

Will lag cause deaths? If so, don't have permadeath.

Is violence a key factor in the game? If so, don't have permadeath.

Does dying add to the experience? If not, don't add permadeath.