toughness = 1//Damage multiplier
protection = 1//Damage divider
precision = 1//how much of a chance you have for hitting
vitality = 20// how much life points you have
max_vitality = 20
swiftness = 1// how fast you can attack,ability to evade
recovery = 1// how fast you regen health
endurance = 1// how long you can last

How would YOU determine a "Level" from these stats?

But then again, I dont want them using ALL of the players stats. That way if 1 guy had like 53 toughness, but the rest were under 10, he would be at a lower level. I can't think of a decent way to determine how they compare to other players (So that you couldn't do something with somebody else of a lower "level").

Thanks for reading!

-ST
how about add them all together and then divide by the amount of stats for an average?

just a thought though
Instead of dealing with a level, why not just do a direct comparison. Set a verb that compares your stats to your targets, and then have a couple of different outputs depending on the variation (kinda like in EQ, but eq is preset, it has nothing to do with stats unfortunatly).

Another idea that could work with that, would be to check the levels of the players stats as well. *k, that didnt quite make sence* basicaly, check through thier stats, and if they have one or two high stats while the rest of thier stats are lower, compensate for that.. Having massive strength usually doesnt help much if you cant hit the broad side of my step-mother after all (and shes ALL broad side >;P )

Just a few thoughts ^_^

El
mob
Stat()
statpanel("Stats")
stat("Total:","[num2text(round(src.toughness + src.protection + src.precision + src.vitality + src.max_vitality + src.swiftness + src.recovery + src.endurance))]")

This what you need?
- RaeKwon
In response to RaeKwon
I was thinking of some formula. Thinking of numbers in the 1-50 digits, not like 123444.2111.
In response to Elorien
Elorien wrote:
Instead of dealing with a level, why not just do a direct comparison. Set a verb that compares your stats to your targets, and then have a couple of different outputs depending on the variation (kinda like in EQ, but eq is preset, it has nothing to do with stats unfortunatly).

Another idea that could work with that, would be to check the levels of the players stats as well. *k, that didnt quite make sence* basicaly, check through thier stats, and if they have one or two high stats while the rest of thier stats are lower, compensate for that.. Having massive strength usually doesnt help much if you cant hit the broad side of my step-mother after all (and shes ALL broad side >;P )

Just a few thoughts ^_^

El

Um, can anybody clarify this up? (Not intending to be mean or anything, I just didn't get what she said)
In response to Sariat
Well, just from what you were saying it sounded like all you were trying to do is compare one player to another by translating thier stats into some kinda level. Instead of doing that, why not just skip a step and compare thier stats directly?

The second part was in regards to the part where it sounded like you wanted to make it so higher stats in one area but lower all around were penalized, but I think I kinda confuse myself on what I meant @.@;;

El
In response to Jowy
Along the same lines, take the three highest stats and average them to determine level. Store it as a variable or display it directly, up to you.
Sariat wrote:
> mob/var
> toughness = 1//Damage multiplier
> protection = 1//Damage divider
> precision = 1//how much of a chance you have for hitting
> vitality = 20// how much life points you have
> max_vitality = 20
> swiftness = 1// how fast you can attack,ability to evade
> recovery = 1// how fast you regen health
> endurance = 1// how long you can last
>

-ST

Here's a thought:
I would use something to the effect of a multiplier. Thus each character has certain multipliers on certain stats depending on their usage or something to that effect. Or each character has the same multipliers. Like such:
Toughness: 1.5
Protection: 1.0
Precision: 1.75
Vitality: 0.25
Max_Vitality = 0.25
Swiftness = 1.0
Recovery = 2.0
Endurance = 1.35
So let's say you have a person with the stats:
Toughness: 10
Protection: 18
Precision: 30