ID:154159

I was going to add a gunpowder fuse to The Generic Wester Shoot 'em up game . Like a trail. Kinda like a powerline...didn't somebody put that as a challenge somewhere? I was thinking there would be lots of trials too. Example:

G = gunpowder
F = where fire starts

Before:

GGGGGGGGG F GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
G G G
GGGGGGGGGGGG
After:

FFFFFFFFF F FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
F F F
FFFFFFFFFFFF

Any ideas how to start the little chain reaction?
You could enter Darke Dungeon, leave trails of oil, and watch them ignite for inspiration. ;)
Any ideas how to start the little chain reaction?

obj/explosive
proc/Ignite()
if(icon_state != "ignited")
icon_state = "ignited"
sleep(2)
for(var/obj/explosive/E in orange(src, 1))
E.Ignite()

gunpowder

dynamite
Ignite()
..()
//Add your own explosion consequences here
In response to Gughunter
Gah! it was so easy!

Heres a little fix, change sleep to spawn. Or else corners won't be lit up until after all of them are lit
In response to Shadowdarke
You can enter DarkeDungeon or are you joking?
In response to Sariat
Heres a little fix, change sleep to spawn. Or else corners won't be lit up until after all of them are lit

I can't figure out why that would happen, but come to think of it, here's another fix: the dynamite's special handling should check to see if it's already ignited (just as the main Ignite() proc does) or you could get multiple explosions from a single stick of dynamite.
In response to Exadv1
Exadv1 wrote:
You can enter DarkeDungeon or are you joking?

Nope, not unless I host a really old version. The problem with recoding something from scratch is that most of the excitement you had the first time through isn't there the next time through. The spreadable fire was one of the first things I got working in DD though. ;)
In response to Shadowdarke
You should make a demo of that. Making spreadable objects has always been tricky for me particularly because I never got a good system working. :)