ID:178687

I probably just glazed over this somewhere, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding info/sample code on checking whether someone has subscribed or not. Could someone please point me towards a tutorial/demo/post on the topic?
Look up CheckPassport() in the reference.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Look up CheckPassport() in the reference.

Thanks.

Where do we get the passport identifier? I tried the name of the hub entry (with and without dramstud. in front of it), but neither seemed to work.

(from the reference:
Format:
CheckPassport(passport_identifier)
Args:
passport_identifier: a text string assigned to you by BYOND Hub.
In response to Dramstud
You find that near the subscription info in the hub entry.

It's a string of different letters and number's.

Like,

3j3j434sdf34j and this is literal.
In response to Dramstud
dramstud wrote:
Where do we get the passport identifier? I tried the name of the hub entry (with and without dramstud. in front of it), but neither seemed to work.

You'll need to look under the distribution link on your game's hub page. Choose subscription for Type of Distribution, and make sure BYOND Passport is checked down at the bottom. Then you'll get the passport identifier.

Don't worry, the hub was very [link]>confusing to me too when I was new. And it wasn't even half as complex as it is now! I suppose a tutorial or FAQ should be written about hub related stuff...
In response to Air Mapster
Air Mapster wrote:
dramstud wrote:

You'll need to look under the distribution link on your game's hub page. Choose subscription for Type of Distribution, and make sure BYOND Passport is checked down at the bottom. Then you'll get the passport identifier.

I have my distribution type set to "donation", and I was hoping to keep it there. I got a passport identifier by checking the byond passport box near the bottom and submitting, but still I'm not recognized as a subscriber when I test my game.

I suppose I could switch to a 0 dime subscription, but I don't think I should have to (and I'm not sure this works). Mainly I'm interested in getting a list of subscribers to see who is really interested in the game (ie. who will subscribe to use some of the advanced features which will soon be available by subscription).

In response to Dramstud
dramstud wrote:
I have my distribution type set to "donation", and I was hoping to keep it there. I got a passport identifier by checking the byond passport box near the bottom and submitting, but still I'm not recognized as a subscriber when I test my game.

Hmm, you've added yourself to the subscriber list, and CheckPassport() with that identifier still fails with your key? Sounds like you've done everything you need to. I haven't had any problems with this myself but I've seen that others have occasionally. You might look at this recent thread and see if any of it sounds familiar or helps.